EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 19 Jan 2002, 08:15 AM   #46
Edwin
 Administrator 

They have a LOT of members I think. While I can't go into specifics for hopefully obvious reasons, Emailaddresses.com alone sends them thousands of new members a month.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2002, 12:22 PM   #47
mess3

I'm new to this group, with only 2 posts, but I have been reading the postings and the threads and I have learned so much.

I'm a novice at all this techno stuff, email forwarding, etc.. but I will tell you that Hotmail is horrible... I signed up 1 week ago because it was recommended, what do I know??? I have already had over 200 spam emails!

But I do like Mail2world, Fastmail and several others because of the features and they fit my needs.

But this forum is very funny!!! But I enjoy it and learn alot!

mess3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2002, 05:59 AM   #48
ItBeMe

Yep, I agree, Mail2World is great!! I don't use it for my primary e-mail account, but I do have two accounts there! I love there large number of domain names to choose from, and the service and storage space is excellent!
ItBeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2002, 02:17 AM   #49
luzanne

i don't see the fuss about mail2world

it is a pretty good service but not excellent.

The left column doesn't have the links to key areas e.g. all the folders and their options pages are messy.

And i personally don't like the pop3 link in the options page
-it's like a lure since they don't state that its for premium users before you click on the link. Not to mention the annoying ads in the other pages that persuades u to upgrade.

Do they really think annoying users like that will help?

But i have to say that the bookmarks, translation, free forwarding and compose page is cool but then what else is really much better than yahoo? or fastmail?

the upgrade option is too expensive for its worth to be considered and the banner revenue from free accounts isn't gonna be enough sooner or later unless many people decide to pay for an upgrade that isn't worth it.

I don't see how mail2world can be sustained for long without resorting to what hotmail and yahoo are doing.

not for people who want to have a permanent email is it?
luzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2002, 02:43 PM   #50
clemont

anyone having trouble accessing the mail2world website? I tried a couple of times today and it only load a blank page. Is this url correct? http://www.mail2world.com/
clemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2002, 02:46 PM   #51
Edwin
 Administrator 

Quote:
Originally posted by clemont
anyone having trouble accessing the mail2world website? I tried a couple of times today and it only load a blank page. Is this url correct? http://www.mail2world.com/
I clicked on the link you posted and the site came up in under 10 seconds on my cable modem connection!
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2002, 02:46 PM   #52
esTester
Cornerstone of the Community

Yea. Its correct. It works just fine for me. I use the translator from Mail2World, so I logged in twice today and it worked fine for me.

- esTester
esTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2002, 05:39 PM   #53
ranfir

It ain't perfect

Its got problems, maybe it has to do with the IP route or perhaps where/how it is hosted? I sometimes get a page not found error, but then afterwards I can get into it
ranfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2002, 05:00 AM   #54
admiralu
Essential Contributor

Question Mail2world

I agree whole heartedly with the idea that information should be provided about the service, not just it's great or it's cool. What does it offer? Don't assume that everyone knows what you are talking about? What is the deal about Mail2world?
admiralu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2005, 03:09 PM   #55
teri

M2W is Overrated

I've tried using Mail2World on a few occasions. I don't care for it and don't recommend it for two main reasons. They truncate (cut off) what you are replying to if it's over a certain length. I've never understood that at all and it bugs the heck out of me. Also, I have never received a personal reply (or automated or any other kind of reply) when I've written them for help. It doesn't matter to me how much free space a mail provider allows if their customer service is poor and unresponsive.
teri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2005, 10:54 PM   #56
SGSW

I don't if this was posted anywhere else, but I just wanted to say that unlike it says in the main site http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_web2.htm mail2world is now offering 250 MB on free accounts and 2 GB on premium accounts.

Feel free to move this if I posted in the wrong place.
SGSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2005, 05:14 AM   #57
a_a
Essential Contributor

some of the services in the main site have not been updated for how long now?
a_a is offline   Reply With Quote