EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 2 Apr 2023, 11:36 PM   #1
DougLass

economical e-mail listservers?

This has probably been addressed elsewhere, but ...

I've been using the free options in MailChimp and Sender to distribute informational e-mails to a listserve with subscribers. MailChimp was good, but they stopped allowing scheduling, which is important to me. Sender was sorta good, but seems to have stuck me with an IP that many mail servers don't like (though curiously it isn't currently on any spam blacklists). They promise to address this, but haven't done anything about it for a long time.

I'm looking for a free listserve mailer that will allow 1000 e-mails two or ideally three times a week with some dependable IP assignment and easy scheduling.

Suggestions by people with experience with them? I guess I might be willing to pay a small amount (say, less than $10/month) if necessary. If there is a thread on this topic, I'd appreciate getting pointed at it.
DougLass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Apr 2023, 04:29 AM   #2
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Dada Mail - Self Hosted, Easy to Use Email Marketing Mailing List Manager
I've used this package before. I ran about a half dozen different lists with it. It was free for me, since I installed, configured, and hosted it myself. There are a few paid options though. I would recommend Dada Mail, highly.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2023, 05:16 AM   #3
DougLass

Quote:
Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy View Post
Dada Mail - Self Hosted, Easy to Use Email Marketing Mailing List Manager
I've used this package before. I ran about a half dozen different lists with it. It was free for me, since I installed, configured, and hosted it myself. There are a few paid options though. I would recommend Dada Mail, highly.
Thanks. But the free version seems to be restricted to 100 addresses per mailing list. I have about 850 on my list. I don't see what limits there are on number of e-mails per month allowed. Most other services specify those.
Old 5 Apr 2023, 10:59 AM   #4
DougLass

Wow, not a lot of ideas. Fortunately, I've found https://www.emailvendorselection.com/ Very helpful! For any given service you're using, they suggest alternatives with similar capabilities and cost. This is really a go-to compendium. I have to say, going to individual vendor websites, the functional description of these services is often astoundingly poor. Many sites are just hand-waving ad pages, as in WE'RE SO GREAT! YOU'LL LOVE US TO DEATH!

Anyone have experience with MailerLite? I'm impressed.

Last edited by DougLass : 7 Apr 2023 at 11:15 PM.