EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 14 Jun 2017, 01:56 PM   #1
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

New Customer Support System

https://blog.fastmail.com/2017/06/06/customer-support/
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Jun 2017, 02:53 PM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

The announced changes are a move in the right direction.

While I accept that phone support is expensive, I nevertheless feel that businesses for which email is a mission critical service, need to know they can get immediate support in a crisis. I think it would be reasonable to make phone support subject to a hefty separate charge on a per incident basis. Relying on a support group to get around to reading an email is not a comparable substitute.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2017, 05:15 PM   #3
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

I hope there is some retention of the old support system because if you cant log in to your account for some reason then how will you be able to sent a support request.

Another option would be a mobile phone number we could sms with our details and current problems.

Perhaps Fastmail could use something like this https://www.5centsms.com.au/web/
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2017, 07:13 PM   #4
joe_devore
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I hope there is some retention of the old support system because if you cant log in to your account for some reason then how will you be able to sent a support request.
I agree...
joe_devore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2017, 09:13 PM   #5
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
From the blog:

The biggest change is that you can now send support requests via email, to support@fastmail.com!
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2017, 05:55 AM   #6
TenFour
Master of the @

I personally like using regular emails for support--if they respond in a timely manner. POBox.com does respond quickly and they are owned by Fastmail. The problem with phone support is that it is later on your word against their word, and I find the next person I deal with has no idea what was said in the first conversation and always says that you must go through all the hoops again and do everything all over again. I'm convinced that many phone cs providers are paid by the number of people they process per hour, meaning there is no incentive to actually solve a problem, just keep them moving and if they come back via phone, so much the better! Email trails provide the evidence needed to move the problem forward.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2017, 08:15 AM   #7
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
From the blog:

The biggest change is that you can now send support requests via email, to support@fastmail.com!
Yes sounds good...but they will need a few support people because of the time differences....when we are in bed the Poms are just getting up...
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2017, 06:52 AM   #8
TenFour
Master of the @

I used to do support the other way around--I was in North America assisting people in Australia. There are pluses and minuses. For example, let's say you have a problem at night around 9pm Eastern Standard Time. That is just perfect for the Australians who are wide awake and working away. A cool thing that can happen is that you can report the problem and find it is solved by your morning., which seems incredibly fast. On the other hand, report a problem at 7am in New York and you have to wait 12 hours until anyone is on in Melbourne during the New York summer. Maybe POBox and Fastmail support will back each other up, providing 24/7 coverage.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote