EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Aug 2019, 07:13 PM   #1
noclue
Cornerstone of the Community

How do I get auto-delete in the app?

I have auto-delete (31 days) for my trash on my computer, but cannot figure out where to set it up in the app. I'm sure it's easy, but I have problems using the app on my iPad. FM got set up on my phone, too, and I do NOT want it there. Seems the iPad and the iPhone are "married?" Cannot figure out how to get FM off of my phone...

I am too old to own these toys!
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Aug 2019, 12:58 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

If you have the Fastmail app installed on your iPad and iPhone, then:
  • The messages in all folders should match, no matter which way you look at your Fastmail folders. In other words, if you use a web browser to use Fastmail on your PC, the messages in your Inbox, Trash, Sent, and other folders should be identical to what you see in those same folders in the Fastmail app on your iPad or iPhone.
  • The auto-delete feature works on the Fastmail server, not your PC or iPad or iPhone. So once it's set up, it will work in the background even if you never view your Fastmail folders. So you don't have to do anything to set up auto-delete from Trash once it's set up using your PC (as long as you used a web browser to set up the auto-delete by logging into Fastmail at https://www.fastmail.com).
  • If you use an email client (such as Thunderbird or the Apple Mail client program), it might have it's own auto-delete feature which is independent from what Fastmail does when you log in using a browser to https://www.fastmail.com
  • You can delete any app on your iPhone or iPad as follows:
    • Hold you finger lightly on the app you want to delete for about 2 seconds.
    • The apps will all start to shake and a X will appear on all apps you are allowed to delete.
    • Touch the X on an app and when you get the question choose Delete. That app will be permanently deleted. If you want to get that app back you will have to install it again from the App Store.
    • After about 30 seconds, the apps will stop shaking and the X markings will disappear as the device goes back to normal use. You can also use the Home/Touch ID button to go back to normal use before the 30 second delay.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote