EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 25 Apr 2017, 10:54 PM   #406
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
Okay, we get it.. The horse has been thoroughly beaten. It's time to just move on.
You can, of course, unsubscribe from this particular thread.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2017, 11:01 PM   #407
cmac

no offense to anyone but times change, technology changes and i'm willing to bet those stuck on the classic interface are older people who simply don't like the change. personally i moved on from the classic type interface email services long ago. i prefer the "new" style.
cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2017, 04:59 AM   #408
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
You can, of course, unsubscribe from this particular thread.
I'm not subscribed to it, so unsubscribing isn't an option.

I continue to participate because, even though it differs from my own opinion, some of the posters have valid concerns. Unfortunately, without FMs participation, the conversations are pretty moot. So we're left with having to hear (read) the same people, saying the same thing over and over and over (with a varying number of exclamation points).

At some point, Bamb0, you REALLY gotta either suck it up and accept reality or move on.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2017, 01:18 PM   #409
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac
no offense to anyone but times change, technology changes and i'm willing to bet those stuck on the classic interface are older people who simply don't like the change. personally i moved on from the classic type interface email services long ago. i prefer the "new" style.
Yea well if they made it so any browser could access it WE WOULDNT MIND!!! (So much anyway)
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2017, 07:06 AM   #410
TenFour
Master of the @

"older people"

Just saying...
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2017, 04:04 PM   #411
Bamb0
Master of the @

Yea OLDER PEOPLE know what GOOD is and dont like losing it!
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2017, 04:25 PM   #412
joe_devore
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Hear! Hear! loi
joe_devore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2017, 07:34 AM   #413
TenFour
Master of the @

By the way, I'm one of those "older people," who is frequently caught explaining technology to the inexperienced "younger people" in the office. IMHO, younger people have their own habits and preferences, and us "older people" do sometimes stereotype them too. It is an easy way to dismiss something you don't like or disagree with, but not a very useful way to learn something.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2017, 05:37 PM   #414
chickadee

Quote:
As my childhood buddy Rabindranath Tagore once whispered to me over a bowl of chicken curry, "Age considers; youth ventures."
chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2017, 09:01 PM   #415
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
I quite agree.....I cant understand why they had to try and improve on the the old classic, they gave us a lot of bull s.... about codes and scripts, but really the current UI looks more out of date and all jumbled up than the old classic...and why the hell leave the good bits out, now its like having a Rolls Royce motor with a Hyundai body.

I'm sorry Fastmail but I am not buying it and after 13 or 14 years that was a big decision for us here.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2017, 10:07 PM   #416
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Quickly finding the latest unread messages in one or all folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblackmoor View Post
...But I HATE having to scroll (and scroll, and scroll, and scroll) to skip to my oldest unread message....
This is easy to do with the additional features in the current user interface. For finding at the oldest unread messages in the current folder:
  • Select Unread at the top (above the list of messages)
  • Select Sort: oldest first at the top (to the right of Unread)
If you need to find the oldest unread message in any folder or you need to combine this into a more complex search, you can do the following instead:
  • Add is:unread to the search string, or just enter this into the search box
  • Select Sort: oldest first at the top
  • At the top, choose to search in All mail or a specific folder. By default, an All mail search excludes the Spam and Trash folders, but you can include them by using the search string: in:* is:unread.
  • If you wish, you can save your search using the Save button shown above the folder string adjacent to the current active search. Saved searches are shown with a magnifying lens icon in the folder tree.
    • If you are searching All mail when you save the search, the saved search will be displayed below the folder tree.
    • If you are searching a specific folder when you same the search, the saved search will be displayed within that specific folder.
When you view the search results from multiple folders, the folder containing each message is shown at the right of the listing (below the date). You can select (using the checkbox) one or more messages resulting from the search and do various things with these selected messages:
  • Drag them to another folder using your mouse
  • Use the Move To tool at the top to move them to another folder
  • Use the Mark tool at the top to pin them (give them a red pin so they can be found later) or mark them read
  • Delete them (which moves them to the Trash folder)
  • Archive them (which moves them to the Archive folder)
  • If you make an error, most actions result in an Undo message popping up near the bottom of the page for about 20 seconds. If you click Undo while that message is displayed the previous action will be undone.
I really like all of the many features which have been added to the current interface. The very fast and powerful search feature is one of my favorites.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2017, 12:04 AM   #417
joe_devore
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
and why the hell leave the good bits out, now its like having a Rolls Royce motor with a Hyundai body.
I agree hear! hear!
Old 29 Apr 2017, 12:15 AM   #418
bblackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_devore View Post
I agree hear! hear!
Aw. I love my Hyundai. Although I wouldn't mind if it had a more powerful engine.

https://www.blackgate.net/gallery/al...3_18-01-29.jpg
bblackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2017, 09:07 AM   #419
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Wow that looks good...
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2017, 08:41 AM   #420
joe_devore
Essential Contributor

Thumbs down

and now we are being bothered by a banner that displays the Classic UI retirement date upon login to Classic UI...

or at least its bugging me...
can hide it but it comes back each login...