EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 3 Dec 2015, 05:17 AM   #466
CosmicDebri

Couple questions

Greetings Jarland. I have a couple questions about your service. Thought I would ask here instead of a ticket, and I still haven't got my account at LET approved yet.

1) I see by some of these older posts you don't want emails forwarded to Gmail. Is that still an issue?? If it is, how about forwarded to a domain name that is using the paid Google Apps for email??

B) What is the maximum size of file attachment, and is that adjustable?

3> I read where your new server is in Canada. My clients live in southern Calif, and I am in Florida, so the Dallas server sounded good because it was in between us. Is there much more of a delay/lag using the server in Canada?

Thanks in advance, I'm just waiting for one of the clients to pay their damn bill so I can go ahead and order one of your plans. Hopefully it will be before your BF/CM deals are gone....
CosmicDebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 2015, 07:28 AM   #467
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebri View Post
Greetings Jarland. I have a couple questions about your service. Thought I would ask here instead of a ticket, and I still haven't got my account at LET approved yet.

1) I see by some of these older posts you don't want emails forwarded to Gmail. Is that still an issue?? If it is, how about forwarded to a domain name that is using the paid Google Apps for email??

B) What is the maximum size of file attachment, and is that adjustable?

3> I read where your new server is in Canada. My clients live in southern Calif, and I am in Florida, so the Dallas server sounded good because it was in between us. Is there much more of a delay/lag using the server in Canada?

Thanks in advance, I'm just waiting for one of the clients to pay their damn bill so I can go ahead and order one of your plans. Hopefully it will be before your BF/CM deals are gone....
Hey there! Odd about the LET account. I wonder if it looked super shady to me and I denied it? Been trying to fight some bad spammers on LET lately. Feel free to sign up again, no accounts are waiting activation at the moment.

1. Not a problem at all anymore. Outbound filtering is handled by MailChannels, my work has become infinitely easier, and it means better delivery results for everyone.

2. Maximum attachment size is 50MB. This is not adjustable. Most mail services refuse attachments larger than 25MB, so be careful since our limit is higher than most (the major services that is, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc).

3. Shouldn't be bad, but if you order and want me to swap you to the Dallas server just let me know. I'm about 2h east of Dallas right now and the Canada server works great for me.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 2015, 11:34 AM   #468
CosmicDebri

My bad, the account was just waiting for email verification, which I did, but was confused by the message saying an Admin has to verify the account. It's alive now in any case.....

Thanks for the answers to the questions, all sounds marvy to me......
Old 8 Dec 2015, 07:36 AM   #469
randian
Cornerstone of the Community

Is Z-Push ever going to be integrated with calendar and contacts?
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2015, 06:25 AM   #470
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
Is Z-Push ever going to be integrated with calendar and contacts?
Eventually. Surely at some point connecting it to Cal/CardDAV has to result in something other than it throwing authentication errors repeatedly
Old 20 Dec 2015, 12:33 AM   #471
robertus

Finally a price that makes sense for me. Why should i spend $100 a year to move like 100mb of traffic.

Brought 3 domains and did a few tests, everything ok.. Wish you luck

I have a few questions

1 - im new to cpanel so.. under addon domain and subdomain i see some /dirs/. None of them are facing the web by accident, right? I ask that because looks like im dealing with a VPS,

2 - What is ghost.mxroute and mx1.mxroute exacty? My Billing credentials doesnt work in both..2FA is on.
robertus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2015, 12:48 AM   #472
CosmicDebri

I'm not affiliated or work for Jarland or MXRoute, but I can at least answer #2 for ya.......

Ghost and MX1 are different servers. If you signed up recently (like me) your most likely on the Ocean server, so your login credentials will only work there.

As for #1, I'm not sure. you can try typing in the URL of any domain/subdomain path in a browser and see if it goes there. I never worried about it, I think it's something that cpanel has to do to make the domains active.

And welcome to the MXroute family. I've only been using it for a few weeks now, but it all kicks *** and is fast as all get out for me. I've already done my testing and moved all my email onto there, around a dozen domains or so and clients email too. So now I can move websites around from shared to vps and willy nilly if I choose and not have to make the clients change their email settings all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertus View Post
Finally a price that makes sense for me. Why should i spend $100 a year to move like 100mb of traffic.

I have a few questions

1 - im new to cpanel so.. under addon domain and subdomain i see some /dirs/. None of them are facing the web by accident, right? I ask that because looks like im dealing with a VPS,

2 - What is ghost.mxroute and mx1.mxroute exacty? My Billing credentials doesnt work in both..2FA is on.
Old 20 Dec 2015, 04:24 AM   #473
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:

I have a few questions

Great questions!

1. So basically, cPanel is a web hosting control panel. My goal is to strip out as many web references as possible. Unfortunately, I can't quite (yet) strip out the Document Root. When you add a domain or subdomain, it sets the Document Root to a folder. That is where it would serve the theoretical website at. That website will be nonexistent. Only if you point your DNS to us fully would it attempt to display, and I've taken measure to ensure that nothing can be displayed there.

It's rather confusing, and reducing that confusion has been a top priority. Working within cPanel's requirements for certain functions has been the largest road block.

2. Ghost and MX1 are separate mail servers. Rather than just one large cluster, we provision so many accounts on one server and then add a new one. The MX1 server uses an old, non cPanel platform, and accounts will never again be provisioned on it. The Ghost server was the first server of ours to use cPanel, and represents the current standard. The Ocean server is an addition, a continuation of the same platform as Ghost but on a fresh new server

I hope that helps. Sorry for the complexities in areas that I'm not proud of. As the service grows over time the complexities will slowly start to fall away. Many already have.
Old 20 Dec 2015, 05:18 PM   #474
randian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
Eventually. Surely at some point connecting it to Cal/CardDAV has to result in something other than it throwing authentication errors repeatedly
If I recall correctly EuMX has actvesync working with Horde (but not Roundcube). Maybe Fabule can help you out.
Old 21 Dec 2015, 03:26 AM   #475
soromak

Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
If I recall correctly EuMX has actvesync working with Horde (but not Roundcube). Maybe Fabule can help you out.
Yep. ActiveSync@EuMX works very nice, but it is not pure Z-Push but own Horde implementation only based on Z-Push, thus issues with combining it with RoundCube.
When setting up ActiveSync with RoundCube I would probably consider OpenChange instead..
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2015, 06:56 PM   #476
robertus

Thanks for you atention gentleman.

Jarland do you plan to keep services like mailchannels around? Im noob at email but i see some value in this.
robertus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jan 2016, 03:28 AM   #477
emebrs
Essential Contributor

Any plans to bring back the XYZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
Here's to my latest experiment. A free email address @ mxroute.xyz (yeah, I'm riding the Alphabet train) with 2GB storage. The aim is to show off how it feels to be a client of MXroute for email usage. If things go south I may cut off registration later, but I'm not going to shut it down like I did with the last experiment of it's kind.

Enjoy: https://mxroute.xyz
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2016, 02:15 PM   #478
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by emebrs View Post
Any plans to bring back the XYZ?
It does live on, just no open registration. If you want one just PM me with the address you want and I'll give you a password. No other information necessary

Quote:
Thanks for you atention gentleman.

Jarland do you plan to keep services like mailchannels around? Im noob at email but i see some value in this.
Definitely, I think this is actually our more valuable selling point right now. It was first a response to Verizon's incompetent staff (I'm not holding back on that), and Microsoft's refusal to delist two brand new (never used) /27s or even speak to us about it. To me, this really took MXroute to the big leagues as far as quality deliverability.
Old 6 Jan 2016, 04:13 PM   #479
GERGE

Hi,

Thank you for providing such a quality service for such a low price. Easy backup and mail tracking are awesome and what realy made me buy in.

I have a question. I am using self-hosted Rainloop for years now for webmail, are you considering adding something appealing to aesthetics like Rainloop to the webmail clients?

I will keep using my own, but it would be nice to have it build-in.

Thanks.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2016, 04:16 PM   #480
randian

Any ETA on OwnCloud? What parts of OwnCloud will be there and how do they integrate into the mail system?