EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 8 Jan 2014, 09:46 PM   #1
ibcsweb
Cornerstone of the Community

Email Storage

Hi All,

Looking for an email account that will allow 50+ gig of storage for a reasonable price. Say £10-£15/anum
Reliability is the first consideration.
Bells and whistles welcome but not necesary.

I would have recomended Polaris to them but the mailbox is 25 gig. That is an excellent price price considering the level of service but My friend needs at least doulbe that. I have left a message with their live chat so expect an answer shortly regarding increased storage prices.

They do not want to rely on free providers anymore.
ibcsweb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 Jan 2014, 10:14 PM   #2
soromak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcsweb View Post
Hi All,

Looking for an email account that will allow 50+ gig of storage for a reasonable price. Say £10-£15/anum
Reliability is the first consideration.
Bells and whistles welcome but not necesary.

I would have recomended Polaris to them but the mailbox is 25 gig. That is an excellent price price considering the level of service but My friend needs at least doulbe that. I have left a message with their live chat so expect an answer shortly regarding increased storage prices.

They do not want to rely on free providers anymore.
If you want something hosted in Europe I would drop support (at) eumx.net a line and ask for a price for an increased storage. They offer 25GB as a standard package but are known to come up with a custom solutions at a reasonable price. Plus you can use EuMX quota not only for mail but also for files accessible either via through web interface or SFTP.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jan 2014, 10:27 PM   #3
ibcsweb

EuMX

Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
If you want something hosted in Europe I would drop support (at) eumx.net a line and ask for a price for an increased storage. They offer 25GB as a standard package but are known to come up with a custom solutions at a reasonable price. Plus you can use EuMX quota not only for mail but also for files accessible either via through web interface or SFTP.

Many thanks.

I have emailed them and will wait for a response.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 03:37 PM   #4
ibcsweb

EuMX

Got a response from EuMX.
4 accounts $36/yeargiving 100gig.

Excellent price but not ideal splitting up the storage,
Old 10 Jan 2014, 03:48 AM   #5
soromak

Quote:
Got a response from EuMX.
4 accounts $36/yeargiving 100gig.

Excellent price but not ideal splitting up the storage,
but is the storage splitted? or do you get 100GB with a possibility to use with 4 different accounts?
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2014, 04:58 AM   #6
ibcsweb

Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
but is the storage splitted? or do you get 100GB with a possibility to use with 4 different accounts?
4 accounts of 25 gig each.
Old 11 Jan 2014, 01:03 PM   #7
kijinbear

Quote:
4 accounts of 25 gig each.
Open a support ticket and ask them if they could split it any other way, like 97G + 1G + 1G + 1G. If they say no, ask Polarismail. There's bound to be someone who says Yes. The great thing about small businesses like them is they they can be more flexible than large faceless corporations with strict policies.

If everyone says no, you still have the Premier option at FastMail, but that's like $120/year so maybe not
kijinbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2014, 11:19 PM   #8
lane

Quote:
Polarismail normally responds very quickly, so you probably already have an answer.

However, from my own experience, I believe the following would work. Buy a package from Polarismail with 4 user accounts. Assign all the storage (100 GB) to one account only, and use that one. I'm not sure whether it's even necessary to create the other three users.

I have actually done this with two users -- assigned 30 GB to myself and 20 GB to my wife.

Last edited by lane : 11 Jan 2014 at 11:21 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2014, 02:12 AM   #9
ibcsweb

Email Storage

Many thanks to all who gave advice. It is mute now as the solution to the MS Outlook problem was not forthcoming.

The emails were lost and cannot now be recovered. As a result the business is no longer operating and will not be restarting in the forseeable future.

Their own fault. If emails are that critical then backing up needs to be priority number one.

Thanks again to everyone.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 08:56 AM   #10
Cory
Essential Contributor

Office365 actually now comes with 50GB of email storage per account (and you can get an account starting at $4 per user per month)

Polarismail will let you purchase two accounts (so $2 or $4 per month total depending on if you want Basic or Enhanced) and then assign all 50GB to one account (check with support to make sure of that, but I remember it asking how much storage you want to assign when creating an account).

-Cory
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2014, 11:33 PM   #11
davy51
Master of the @

Quote:
Many thanks to all who gave advice. It is mute now as the solution to the MS Outlook problem was not forthcoming.

The emails were lost and cannot now be recovered. As a result the business is no longer operating and will not be restarting in the forseeable future.

Their own fault. If emails are that critical then backing up needs to be priority number one.

Thanks again to everyone.
If the emails were ever on your computer they are still there

Get a good recovery program and search for them
davy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2014, 02:02 AM   #12
ibcsweb

Recovery Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy51 View Post
If the emails were ever on your computer they are still there

Get a good recovery program and search for them
Difficult as the HDD failed completely during the attempted recovery. If the data file for MS Outlook had been uncorrupted it may have been different.

Back up, Back up and back up again is the moral fo the story.

Last edited by ibcsweb : 13 Jan 2014 at 02:03 AM. Reason: spelling. again.