EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 22 Jan 2018, 01:14 AM   #1
jagomai

Question Selection of many messages?

Hi,

I'm trying to select 18k+ messsages from my 60k+ message Archive folder based on a search I made.

The search works fine (after some time), but the selection of messages does not work on dektop web nor via mobile app.

It freezes on Selecting Messages and nothing happens (I have waited up to 10 minutes, and nothing).

Does anyone know how to do such operations? Do I really need to sync my whole archive to a laptop and try search + moving via Thunderbird or similar?

Thanks,
J
jagomai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Jan 2018, 04:58 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Try turning off conversations and trying again.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2018, 05:02 AM   #3
jagomai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
Try turning off conversations and trying again.
Thanks but that's already off, I don't like/use conversations... Any other suggestion?
Old 22 Jan 2018, 11:56 AM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

The only other idea that comes to mind is forcing the selected messages into smaller batches, probably by adding date criteria to the existing search. Opening a support ticket may not be a bad idea also. The numbers of messages involved are substantial, but surely not beyond reasonable design limits.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Feb 2018, 06:09 AM   #5
jagomai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
The only other idea that comes to mind is forcing the selected messages into smaller batches, probably by adding date criteria to the existing search. Opening a support ticket may not be a bad idea also. The numbers of messages involved are substantial, but surely not beyond reasonable design limits.
Yeah I tried smaller batches... Probably have to give the search to move to customer support so they can do it with a query or something.

Or download the whole mailbox into some client and do it on a laptop. '

But seriously, this should just work - seems like a serious performance issue if users can't bulk move messages without contacting a developer. :/