EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 17 Nov 2002, 11:35 PM   #16
lmg

Exclamation

Unfortunately, the problem continues. My Yahoo messages were shut off sometime after 7:47pm EST Saturday night.

This time it was a "soft bounce", whatever that is. To confuse matters, Yahoo lists the "last bounce message" which seems to be a "hard bounce" message from Friday evening.

I've notified Onno of the problem by responding to the email he sent me from the Webmaster account. I sent him the last "bounce" message from FM server5.

This problem has occurred several times in the last few days, but before that it only happened to me once before, probably a few months ago. Could it be the result of changes you made this week?

FYI, the process on Yahoo's end seems to be to turn off delivery in response to a "bounce" occurring on one group. The change in status takes a couple of hours to propagate to all groups on the system, so while some of my groups show that delivery ceased just before 8pm, delivery from other groups continued for another 90 minutes or so. Yahoo never tells you it has stopped delivery, you just have to notice yourself that you aren't getting any messages and go to the web site to see what's wrong.
lmg is offline   Reply With Quote