EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 21 Jun 2016, 09:28 PM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Outlook.com in new mail client of Windows 10

I have upgraded Windows 8 to Windows 10 finally, and everything seems to be working so far. However with one exception.

Back in Windows 8 I received my emails (@outlook.be , which is the Belgian version of outlook.com) through Windows Live Mail email client. In that mail client (not to be confused with Microsoft Outlook) I had set up things so that I could see ALL emails I ever received or sent.

Now in the new Windows 10, the email client (not sure if it's still Windows Live Mail or whether it is now MS Outlook) shows only the emails received/sent in the last 30 days. If I sign in to the webmail version I can still see all emails ever since the account was created back in 2014.

In the new mail client of Windows 10, how can I configure the settings in order to have ALL emails ever received/sent there, just like it was in Windows 8?

PS: I did not have to set up the mail client myself, everything was done automatically while realising the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I did not have to do anything myself, the new mail client was installed and functioning when I first signed in to Windows after the upgrade.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Jun 2016, 08:17 PM   #2
ezkop

I guess you're talking about the Windows 10 UWP Mail app? It's just like the email apps on smartphone. I think you can change the sync options in settings to sync all emails.
ezkop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2016, 12:30 PM   #3
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
I am using Windows Mail in Windows 10 and it still works for my IMAP / Pop3 mails. While officially Windows mail no longer comes with Windows operating system, it still works with a bit of tweaks.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2016, 04:03 AM   #4
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkop View Post
I guess you're talking about the Windows 10 UWP Mail app? It's just like the email apps on smartphone. I think you can change the sync options in settings to sync all emails.
Whereabouts do I have to make those changes? I looked around in the menu and couldn't find the option to indicate how much time back I wanna see the emails displayed. I have to add I'm not that familiarised yet with the new interface, hopefully that's a matter of time and getting used to the "new client".
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote