EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 17 Mar 2005, 09:12 PM   #16
frederick hayward

Cool

Well I am unsure how long I have had my runbox accounts, but I find that even with the time difference between oslo and melbourne, there is usually a quick response (I am sure some staff sleep with one eye on the screen); the responses are friendly, and most of all, NO SPAM.. clear interfaces, and the choice of fast.runbox if you are really pushed for time; well there are always problems with computing; I have NEVER lost data, and I use the files, and most of the facilities available to non Norwegian residents, without hassles.
After finding that good free services were being withdrawn, I have never regretted converting to the paid service, even with the occasional hitch.
And NO, I do not receive anything extra, I just pay for what I use, and I can recommend that if you are having troubles with your ISP considering moving "downunder" . I know fastmail is popular, but the benefits for me moving about are so much better , I have stayed with runbox..
frederick hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2005, 04:16 AM   #17
metart
= Permanently banned =

I joined a couple of days ago.

the webinterface is great! It's feature rate! Cheap! and the interface is much nicer than Fastmail in my opinion....

Last edited by metart : 25 May 2005 at 02:18 PM.
metart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2005, 08:16 AM   #18
jeffster

Thumbs up Belated Thanks to Liz !

Belated Thanks to Liz

On the 4th September, I set up a Runbox account....

Quite quickly, due to frustations with sending mail (I could not !) through Thunderbird, I was ready to throw in the towel, and asked for my money back under the 60 day money back guarantee....

However, Liz at Runbox was fantastically helpful, and got me sorted pretty quickly...What REALLY stood out though was the time of Liz' help :

I was emailing Runbox around 2300 / Midnight here in England, and with Oslo time being an hour later, I was fully expecting to have to wait at least 10 - 12 hours for a reply....But NO, Liz' was replying around 5 - 10 minutes after I was emailing her ! Not only is that VERY Impressive, but that is GREAT SERVICE

How is the Insomnia by the way, Liz ?

As someone who detests webmail services like Hotmail, Yahoo, etc, I always try to use "proper" email services, especially as I have my own domain...

Having tried Fastmail and Mailsnare, I have to say that Runbox is definitely the pick of the bunch right now, and gives very good value for money.

Not knocking Fastmail & Mailsnare, which are very good services in their own right, but for me, Runbox is the market leader right now...

Its versatility is great - Having read the forum previously, I have set up the "Spam" and "NotInWhitelist" folders, which work pretty much perfectly ( THANK YOU RICH CARVER ! ...)

Important emails get forwarded in a timely manner to my work email address (VERY useful when your employer blocks all internet access !)

The ability to use both IMAP & POP side by side is fantastic. I much prefer IMAP for home use, but my current mobile phone only has a POP client....With Runbox, this doesnt matter a jot, as I can still check my email on my phone when not at home (Fastmail for example only offer POP access at certain membership levels, definitely not the guest or "member" level, which is my current level of account with them)

I am going to Prague next Wednesday for a week, and while there, I use a local pre-pay mobile phone SIM Card, "Oskarta" from the "Oskar" network, which offers mobile phone email - they give you an email address which sends / receives emails directly to / from your mobile...

Having set up a simple couple of filters, and tested them out yesterday, I am obviously happy to report that 100% of the desired emails were successfully forwarded from my runbox account to my mobile phone email address, therefore giving me confidence that I will receive anything important while I am away.

For the Price V. storage & facilities offered, Runbox is definitely number one at this moment in time (For the same price as Runbox, as I had to pay extra for domain hosting, Mailsnare offer 90MB for email, and 10MB for file storage...)

Keep up the great work guys & gals, and thank you one again !

Jeff
jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Oct 2005, 04:08 AM   #19
hobbes

I signed up for two years a couple of days ago, and I am extremely pleased that I did. I find Runbox very well thought out and well desigined. The 10GB email storage, and the 1GB file storage, not to mention the recently announced 130MB attachment size... as well as the different access methods (WAP, IMAP, POP, etc) makes this an ideal email service.

It may not have the vast range of options and features that one or two other services do, but the quality of the Runbox's email service is superb.

I am very impressed.
hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2005, 09:09 AM   #20
deltajets

Had runbox for a couple of years at least and recomend it to all my small business customers.

Since it can be configured through outlook for the business and the owner of whoever can track it from home to.

Excellent service and product

G Braidford
deltajets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2006, 12:41 AM   #21
ultra

Quote:
Originally posted by ReuvenNY
Moderating comment: ... "Something given in appreciation of a person's service or achievement; a tribute".
Much as I have loved Runbox, I won't be renewing this year. Price is my issue, with some other factors minor niggles.

I do appreciate the efforts by the Runbox team, but think the price change makes this a luxury for me (and I have had similar feedback from otherwise happy users to whom I recommended Runbox in the past).

I know that someone at RB took on board my comments about the commission (and increased it) but the price is a factor which seems to now put off my friends and business contacts from considering RB as an option.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for 3 years of Runbox service.

Bye bye...
ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2007, 12:54 PM   #22
slate

Thumbs up

I have been a long time user of Runbox and I am paid up for the next 8 years. At the end of which, I am prepared to renew barring any good reason to discontinue.

I have to state that it is the quality of service from the good people of Runbox like Liz (a totally cool and on quick on her feet kind of gal) Geir, Hans, and the rest of the team.
(Liz, you are scary! Don't you need to sleep? )

Yes, it is a bit costly (a luxury for me actually) but at the end of the day, when I weigh the pros and cons, I feel that is okay for the reliability and peace of mind that I get.

The service quality of my local ISPs are bad. I feel ashamed of them when I do a comparision on the quality of service. They could all use a leaf off Runbox's service quality manual.
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Aug 2007, 07:10 AM   #23
puzzler

Tradebit uses runbox for delivery

We sell a few thousand downloads a day and needed a reliable email provider for all the requests and notes we get. We shifted to runbox, to not care about spamlists, blacklists or the way our supporters get their mail.

The smart forwarding rules, the "access-anywhere" and real fast uplinks for germans and americans alike made us choose runbox. Reliable email anywhere without the hassles or the ads for an extremely low price! Good job!

Ralf Schwoebel, CEO
Removed

[Mod:] URL removed as per the forum rules.
Rule E) No signatures [except optionally your name]

Last edited by Sherry : 20 Nov 2008 at 03:26 AM.
puzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2008, 02:37 AM   #24
stuart_w

Well, I've just made use of the EUR79 three years for the price of 2 offer to extend my subscription... now until 2016! That's how much I appreciate Runbox.
My wife and I can both access our different work email accounts, numerous other accounts are checked, everything is automatically filtered into folders,we can see at a glance where new email has come in to any of our accounts, the trainable spam filter seems to be getting it right just about all the time, we can write from any of our 12 different addresses we have between us (!). Thoroughly reliable email for us both since 2005 - excellent searching facility over years of email has come in handy, too - and hopefully this may continue for many many years to come. A clean interface that works over numerous browsers and operating systems (including SeaMonkey on PuppyLinux), fast.runbox.com is a nice touch for dial-up access, overall full featured, fully flexible, and has already outlived the computer (and Internet Service Provider for that matter) that I signed up for the service on!
stuart_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2009, 09:50 AM   #25
goky

Thumbs up Reasonably Satisfied

While not as enthusiastic as some users, I find Runbox to be solid and dependable.

Many companies engage in what I refer to as "bonehead behaviour" several times a week... Runbox has (knocking on wood) limited it to twice a decade. And neither of those were very bad.

Keep up the good work!
goky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2010, 03:44 AM   #26
Sherry

Moderator:

Snaggle and pr472.
I have deleted your posts as they were not appropriate for this forum. Please read moderators comment in post #14 Here. Thank you.
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2010, 07:50 AM   #27
RunboxCustomer

I have experienced no problems with Runbox. It works, has IMAP and I get my email on my BlackBerry without any problems. For a measley $19.95 a year, I have nothing to complain about.
RunboxCustomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2012, 09:28 AM   #28
greenman

Happy with Runbox

I posted this on the "Current opinions on Runbox" thread, but since this thread is sticky and the reason for that thread was the lack of activity on this one, I thought I'd cross-post here too.

I run my personal and small business email through Runbox. I moved in May from a privately run system, and have been very happy with everything.

I narrowed my choice down to Fastmail and Runbox. I actually signed up with Fastmail but after billing problems ended up with Runbox. Support has been satisfactory (though I've had no urgent issues that needed immediate attention).

Some of their tools could do with small usability improvements, but these are relatively minor, and support has got back to me when I've had problems.

Overall, the most important part, solid and reliable email, has been working as it should.

I wasn't aware before I signed that their entire server park is hydro powered, and was very happy to find that out!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Aug 2013, 11:42 PM   #29
Just Bill

I started using Runbox when the U.S. Government decided that email wasn't private and companies like Microsoft, Yahoo and Gmail were no longer a viable option. Functionality and good support has proven to be excellent and the company and servers are in Norway. Best of all, the company respects my privacy.Right now, it's the best email option.

Last edited by Just Bill : 12 Aug 2013 at 11:49 PM.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2013, 12:02 AM   #30
Enos

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
I started using Runbox when the U.S. Government decided that email wasn't private [...] Functionality and good support has proven to be excellent and the company and servers are in Norway. Best of all, the company respects my privacy.Right now, it's the best email option.
+1

At first I discarded RunBox because of client setup issues (unclear SSL configuration parameters and password propagation delays). Not that I could not configure it, but I saw the problems as a bad omen. After a few days I came back due to lack of viable options, as there are very few email providers worth the name in Europe.

Runbox offers privacy and most optional features I need. It sports a fast, easy to use, no-frills Web 1.0 interface. Green energy and staff-ownership are welcome bonuses.
I cannot comment on the availability as I just subscribed, but feature and performance-wise I would definitely suggest it the average user.
Enos is offline   Reply With Quote