EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 Feb 2019, 05:13 PM   #16
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
You assume that noclue's problems are due to the FM's bandwidth limits, which may or may not be true.

And your method of reducing the video size is applicable to iOS only.
It is true that noclue might have a new problem, but I strongly suspect she is experiencing the same issue which she still only dimly understands.

Yes, I chose a tutorial that discusses IOS. I did this as noclue uses an iPhone to record her videos. If you want to try to educate noclue on more general video compression techniques, good luck.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Feb 2019, 06:26 PM   #17
noclue
Cornerstone of the Community

Brit Tim -- Thank you for defending the tech-challenged amongst us. I am admittedly not smart about this stuff. It takes great patience to teach me. This is something I understand as I was a special education teacher before I became an academic librarian. It is hard to teach people something that they are not equipped to learn.

To solve this problem, I bought a different FM plan. I had the issue come up again with another short video and a long recipient list. I kept trying to break the list down to two two of three recipients, but even then I couldn't send the video. So in addition to the new plan, I have copied the link you left a while back and plan to study it carefully. And most likely SLOWLY. Those two changes will make life easier.

I am always appreciative of the help I get here. But what happens when people start speaking in a "foreign language" is that my brain just shuts off, and I feel stupid. Thanks for understanding that I am teachable, but it takes a person with patience and good teaching skills. Analogies work great for people like me.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote