EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 18 Jun 2003, 11:15 PM   #1
michaelj

Yahoo to Pop Access

I'm hoping someone can help me. On my (now crashed) PC I had a program that allowed me to get Yahoo mail as POP. There's one that I found here, yahoopop I believe it's called, but it wasn't free. The one I'm thinking about is free. Can someone direct me to that site?
Unfortunately I didn't back up the recent downloaded files.

Thanks,

Michael
michaelj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Jun 2003, 01:55 AM   #2
Gankaku

AFAIK yahoopops is still free. It's from Sourceforge.net and the download page is here
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2003, 12:26 AM   #3
michaelj

Quote:
Originally posted by Gankaku
AFAIK yahoopops is still free. It's from Sourceforge.net and the download page is here
Thanks, I don't know what I was thinking.
I can't seem to get it to send with Outlook XP, yet it did with Win98 though.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 12:32 AM   #4
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Try web2pop.com. It is a 30 days evaluation but it works in XP with oe6. Should work with outlook XP too.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2003, 03:22 PM   #5
robu
Essential Contributor

YahooPOPS works OK, you might take a look at www.yahoo.co.uk and www.yahoo.com.sg

YahooPOPS works Ok, however, I like the .038 version the others gave me problems.

You might want to look at www.yahoo.co.uk and www.yahoo.com.sg for 6MB boxes and Web and POP3 access with no annual fees. Though I haven't looked or added any email accounts recently I do believe they work well. I have had mine for over a year now.

Bob
robu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2003, 03:25 PM   #6
robu
Essential Contributor

Another Web access service is www.Mail2web.com

Also keep in mind you can go to www.Mail2web.com for access to Web, POP3 and IMAP accounts.

No fees and it is very reliable.
robu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2003, 07:04 PM   #7
michaelj

Re: YahooPOPS works OK, you might take a look at www.yahoo.co.uk and www.yahoo.com.sg

Quote:
Originally posted by robu
YahooPOPS works Ok, however, I like the .038 version the others gave me problems.

You might want to look at www.yahoo.co.uk and www.yahoo.com.sg for 6MB boxes and Web and POP3 access with no annual fees. Though I haven't looked or added any email accounts recently I do believe they work well. I have had mine for over a year now.

Bob
Thanks, not so sure I want to bother signing up for another e mail address though for one yahoo group.
By the way, Yahoopops is not secure. As part of my Dell bundle I was given a free 90 day trial for McAfee's antivirus, firewall and something called Privacy Service. With Privacy Service we're able to enter words, codes, anything, and we'll be notified if that information is being sent over the net. I get no notification for any other e mail account or program, yet with YahooPops I'm given the warning that my password is being sent.

Michael
Old 24 Jun 2003, 03:27 PM   #8
chap

Re: Another Web access service is www.Mail2web.com

Quote:
Originally posted by robu
Also keep in mind you can go to www.Mail2web.com for access to Web, POP3 and IMAP accounts.

No fees and it is very reliable.
and www.webpopmail.com (allow to change "from" field)

bye
chap is offline   Reply With Quote