EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 18 Oct 2013, 01:29 AM   #1
james15

new gmail login screen

Some of you may be aware that over the past couple of days the Gmail login screen has changed. I don't mind the new layout but what I don't like is the fact that once I have logged in, my account is "saved", so when I next go onto gmail, my email address is already there and I need to type in my password. Is there any way to stop it doing this? I have discovered that the "saved" account is deleted if I clear my cookies - I then tried blocking cookies from Gmail but I was then unable to log in at all. My dad's computer displayed the new login screen yesterday but today it reverted back to the old one. He hasn't changed any settings, the only thing he has done is to perform a virus scan which found and deleted some tracking cookies. I tried performing a virus scan on my own computer, which also deleted some tracking cookies, but this did not make any difference. I've also tried copying the exact URL from my dad's computer - again I just get the new login screen. Any suggestions? I'm not bothered about getting the old login screen back (although I'd be interested to know why my dad's computer reverted), but I'd like to stop it saving my account when I log in.
james15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Oct 2013, 04:25 PM   #2
synodbio

Still, other international users reported seeing the old Gmail login page, indicating that this new login page is rolling out in stages globally, rather than in one particular region.
synodbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2013, 04:36 PM   #3
drew
The "e" in e-mail

Sweden maybe is way too far to the North of Europe
for them to roll it out already now. Looks rather normal here.

So I maybe get it some weeks later On the other hand
I always try to delete cookies and I am a Google Plus
so maybe they treat us differently?
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2013, 03:37 AM   #4
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

I have seen it.

It looks to me (and I could be wrong) that the way to avoid it is to uncheck "stay signed in" when first signing in.

My browser clears almost all cookies on browser close, and when I came back, I got the standard screen.
kaptitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2013, 04:16 AM   #5
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

The Google "Account Chooser" is under test.

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/201...t-chooser.html
Old 31 Oct 2013, 04:29 AM   #6
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

Just to be clear:

If you want don't want Google to keep track of your logins on the Account Chooser page, make sure you do NOT check "Stay Signed In" when logging in. If that box is checked, Google will create a cookie that used to be eliminated when you logged out of that account, but is not eliminated anymore.

If you see accounts on the Account Chooser page you do not wish to be there, you have to clear your cookies. Then you can start again with NOT checking the box.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 12:11 AM   #7
ibcsweb
Cornerstone of the Community

Time to change

Over the past few weeks I have been having a LOT of issuses with Gmail. This new sign in and insistance of using one sign in for all aspects of google world is the last straw. No matter how many times I tell it I want to leave my Youtube log in and email separate it still asks EVERY time I try to log in. I do not want or need Google plus or whatever ti is called byut still it tries to get me to sign up to that as well.

As I said, time to change.
ibcsweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2013, 08:01 PM   #8
synodbio

Am not happy with the new login screen of gmail, but still it looks quite interesting.
synodbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2013, 08:04 PM   #9
rbt0424

get back old gmail login page

I found this article that says the only way to use the old gmail login page is by assessing a specific url.

source: http://gmailloginsupport.com/how-to-...d-gmail-login/
rbt0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2013, 09:54 PM   #10
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

I tried the URL offered in the last post and got the new Account Chooser login.

Maybe it's my cookies, but it didn't work for me.

But I have figured out how to delete accounts from the Account Chooser without clearing my cookies. That's something.