EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 22 Mar 2003, 05:21 AM   #151
delrio

Re: Thumbs Up FM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jensen
The Support:

I formulated a very polite email playing up the "paid my money" aspect, in the grim hope of a reply. I was about to hit the sack thinking I would get a reply in a few days at best, when I get the reply saying "no problem the rename setting is reset". I was dumbstruck this is not normal. On top of this and prior I was trying to find a more suitable name when I inadvertantly registered the name I was after under a seperate account which i did not pursue. I thought that FM must have me on the "not financially viable" list by now but thought I harass them anyway to get this other name I was after. I hit the hay that time thinking it was not physically possible for me to continue at that point. Next day though I found my newly named account waiting for me. Wallaaa Problem solved once again. I did have only one other hassle, that being with my SMPT settings on OE but resolved that after properly reading the FM FAQ section. Read those FAQ's properly.
Heh, I can relate! When I first signed up, I was about to go overseas for a week, and so I forwarded all my mail from other accounts to Fastmail, so I could read it while I was away. Like a dumbass, I forgot to exclude the fastmail.fm domain from this forwarding, thus creating a mail loop. I didn't find this out until a couple days later, when I logged into my Fastmail account, to see a message telling me I had been locked out for diskspace and bandwidth abuse, to the tune of 60,000 messages in half a day, or something totally outrageous like that...

I immediately crafted a note, explaining about the mail loop, and apologizing for what basically amounted to an unintentional denial of service attack on them(!). I didn't really expect to hear back, and I thought I would just not have access to my mail for the duration of my trip. Much to my surprise, I got a mail back saying that my account had been unlocked, and to feel free to log in and clear out the looped messages. Half an hour of continuous deleting later, and I was back in business. They always respond to tech problems. Some of the best support I've ever had, from *any* kind of company. I've got 2 accounts with them, and I've got all my friends signing up with them, too.

Oh, yeah - and they're the only web based email provider I know that even gives you the option of encrypting the entire session using https!
Quote:
out there. If you read this and you are thinking about going with FM just do it, you won't regret it. By the way Jeremy and Rob you are rock stars.
Rock on, Fastmail! ;-)

Del Rio
delrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2003, 05:45 AM   #152
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Re: Re: Thumbs Up FM

Quote:
Originally posted by delrio
Heh, I can relate! When I first signed up, I was about to go overseas for a week, and so I forwarded all my mail from other accounts to Fastmail, so I could read it while I was away. Like a dumbass, I forgot to exclude the fastmail.fm domain from this forwarding, thus creating a mail loop. I didn't find this out until a couple days later, when I logged into my Fastmail account, to see a message telling me I had been locked out for diskspace and bandwidth abuse, to the tune of 60,000 messages in half a day, or something totally outrageous like that...
Er, the exact message is "abuse or overuse" (unless they've changed it), so they weren't accusing you of abuse, just warning you of overuse...
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Apr 2003, 05:16 AM   #153
vinmar
Essential Contributor

I didn't realise it was possible to have more than a platonic love for an email account.

Perhaps some kind of self-help group could be set up for people with similar feelings to those which I have?
vinmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Apr 2003, 05:47 PM   #154
DJF

So, you're reading these testimonials to try to figure out if Fastmail is the provider for you eh ...well, I can tell you that if you are serious about a reliable, professional, secure, and an advanced communication system; sign up! The FM crew know what they are doing and provide an unmatched communication system.

--
DJF
DJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2003, 02:23 AM   #155
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by vinmar
I didn't realise it was possible to have more than a platonic love for an email account.

Perhaps some kind of self-help group could be set up for people with similar feelings to those which I have?
You're already in such a group...
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2003, 07:54 AM   #156
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Does any email service solve problems as fast as FastMail ?
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2003, 05:44 PM   #157
GR8Madmax

Positives: FastMail.FM is the only e-mail I've ever paid for and looks like it will be my last. Why? I don't see any reason to switch. FastMail's simple, clean interface is what I wanted and this service is only going to get better. Lightning fast e-mail and good support also doesn't hurt.

Negatives: I do have to deal with spam with my account. Although I believe it's due to the person who used the userid before me being careless with the address, it is annoying. I also found certain options a bit too complicated for normal users and lacked detailed explanation in the help/FAQ area.

I've tried both Runbox and MailSnare and those are good services. But FastMail is just one step ahead in my book.

FastMail.FM...simply GR8.

Tony
GR8Madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2003, 01:07 PM   #158
MZRascoff
Essential Contributor

This is a great user community of people from all around the world (if you need any proof check out this thread http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...threadid=12228) helping one another out and supporting an excellent service. It's very quickly become one of the sites I check every day.

Matthew
MZRascoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2003, 04:17 PM   #159

Thumbs up Simply the best

Fast & clean! Been using it almost a year now.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 01:11 AM   #160
baygates

Thumbs up Best Thing Next to Sliced Bread ...

FastMail may be even better than sliced bread I've now been using FastMail (Enhanced) for a couple of months, and figure it's time I say something -- IT'S INCREDIBLE!!

I have tried them all, as have so many others here, and FastMail, hands down, is heads and tails above the rest. I have FastMail hosting my domain email and with the options available, i.e., aliases, personalities (one of my personal favorites) , POP retrieval, functionality, price, etc. (the list goes on and on and on), this service is an answer to my prayers!

Thank you FastMail for providing such an intuitive, insightful, email service. I just can' say enough about how happy I am with it. It certainly suits me perfectly

Can't wait to see what's in store for the future

Signed,

AVHFMU (A very happy FastMail user) aka Barb
baygates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2003, 10:49 PM   #161
Norbert

Thumbs up

It works great!
And more important; it keeps on working!!
Upgraded in 1 week to the 'full package' with my own domain.

Keep up the good work!
Norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2003, 02:49 PM   #162
morglum666

Pretty decent

I would like to say after a month or two I am still very impressed with Fastmail and I have switched from hotmail to them as my primary email. I did this for a couple of reasons. In my past life, I have been an email admin, and know how much of a pain in the *** they are to administer, and I really wanted bigger attachment limits as well as an account easily available to use with Outlook XP.

Joining as a member for lifetime with 8 times the hotmail storage for $22 CDN was a no brainer. Its also fast as heck.. I wouldn't use any email that's not web enabled, and although the web interface is quirky looking once you get used to it its brilliant.

Reliability has been good, I'm pleased its a service set up by hard core geeks, and I am happy to have the anti spam and anti virus tools in place. I would recommend it to anyone who is sick of small mailbox limits, those who have never used web based email, and even those paranoid folks who must log in via SSL because their mail is *so* important

Morglum
morglum666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2003, 05:13 AM   #163
MikeL
Essential Contributor

Re: Pretty decent

Quote:
Originally posted by morglum666
I would recommend it to anyone who is sick of small mailbox limits, those who have never used web based email, and even those paranoid folks who must log in via SSL because their mail is *so* important
If it's important enough for a spammer to want to try to get information from me via a "web bug", it's important enough for me to block him. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I do not want information flowing back without my knowledge to someone I don't know, to be used for whatever purpose he sees fit whether I like it or not, merely because I happened to open his email.

[ob testimonial: Secure Login is one of the things that I love about FastMail!]

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by MikeL : 13 May 2003 at 05:17 AM.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2003, 01:48 AM   #164
Timo

I've been using fastmail with two full accounts for about nine months, and I have to say I've been quite happy.

While I don't much care for the web interface, fastmail's feature set is really comprehensive and easy even for a novice to use.

But what I was most impressed with was when I needed to migrate from Entourage to Mail.app (Mac OS X) not only was all the info I needed in fastmail's FAQ, the whole thing was easy to understand.

[By contrast, I can't find the same info from the ISP-provided mail account.]

Hat's off to fastmail, and as hotmail fills with crap I'm indifferent...
Timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2003, 03:26 AM   #165
jimmyf

fastmail

I have just joined fastmail, and signed up for the enhanced email package. A good friend of mine told me about fastmail, so thought i would give it a try. As A new member with fastmail i already see that the staff for fastmail is there for us, and willing to work with us, even into the late hours of the night, if need be.
I was having some trouble understanding some thing, and they were there to help. This alone makes fastmail stand above other mail servers. I can see my friend was right about fastmail. At this time i would like to say thank you to the staff at fastmail for all your help. I already know i am happy i signed up for fastmail, and in the future i will try not to be such a pain for you. Once again thank you fastmail staff. jimfraz2002...
jimmyf is offline   Reply With Quote