EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 2 Oct 2014, 06:57 AM   #1
me0000

I think FM has forgotten about fm.com

?? have they ??
me0000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Oct 2014, 07:29 AM   #2
cmac

thats a million dollar domain. no point in spending money on that.
cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Oct 2014, 08:50 AM   #3
David
Ultimate Contributor

First thing to do, is to build up the hype.........
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Oct 2014, 11:22 AM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Question

Why the sudden interest in fm.com? That's a domain which seems to be abandoned and up for sale. The domain valuation websites value fm.com at US $30K to $177K. Short domain names which are easy to say in English and which use widely used terms (such as FM for Frequency Modulation) are rather expensive. This one seems to have been purchased 21 years ago by a speculator.

I know it's not what you asked (I think FM has forgotten about fm.com), but on a related topic Fastmail recently purchased fastmail.com, and if you go to http://www.fastmail.com you will see the Fastmail login page. At this time, I don't see any fastmail.com email addresses being offered, but mail sent to that domain is directed via MX records to the Fastmail incoming email servers.

Bill

Last edited by n5bb : 4 Oct 2014 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Added pricing information
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Oct 2014, 07:07 AM   #5
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
..which use widely used terms..
Years and years ago I read something somewhere the the domain name pizza DOT com was sold for several MILLION dollars! Some squatter saw the potential of that name and ended up laughing gleefully to the bank!

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Oct 2014, 08:36 PM   #6
hankfoner
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Why the sudden interest in fm.com? That's a domain which seems to be abandoned and up for sale. The domain valuation websites value fm.com at US $30K to $177K. Short domain names which are easy to say in English and which use widely used terms (such as FM for Frequency Modulation) are rather expensive. This one seems to have been purchased 21 years ago by a speculator.

I know it's not what you asked (I think FM has forgotten about fm.com), but on a related topic Fastmail recently purchased fastmail.com, and if you go to http://www.fastmail.com you will see the Fastmail login page. At this time, I don't see any fastmail.com email addresses being offered, but mail sent to that domain is directed via MX records to the Fastmail incoming email servers.

Bill
Yes, you can log in. Any idea why we can't reserve an alias at fastmail.com?
hankfoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Oct 2014, 06:11 AM   #7
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankfoner View Post
Yes, you can log in. Any idea why we can't reserve an alias at fastmail.com?
This thread is about fm.com (which has never been owned by Fastmail). You might want to check the comments by Fastmail staff in the thread concerning fastmail.com. I'm sure you will discover the answer when it's announced if you subscribe to the Fastmail blog.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote