EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 27 Jun 2011, 10:41 PM   #1
Ennis
Cornerstone of the Community

Runbox

Back in the old days, when I first registered here in 2002, Runbox was a serious player and there was a big rivalry with Fastmail. Runbox had a young woman who served as their spokesperson on this board and she was quite smart and very pleasant. I have used Runbox on and off but not recently. I notice that while the Fastmail forum here will always have a lot of users logged in, very few seem to be on Runbox forum. Today I went to the Runbox site and all of the links across the top don't work, at least with my browser. So does anyone still use Runbox and if so what do you think? Are they essentially now just a European player or do they still have any fire power left anywhere else?

*When I returned to runbox.com the links at the top worked.

Last edited by Ennis : 28 Jun 2011 at 12:27 AM.
Ennis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Jun 2011, 02:34 AM   #2
King Of Email

Runbox

Runbox was the first free email service I got that promised a whopping (then) 100MB of storage and asked users to spread the word. I did. Then not long after that, unceremoniously kicked all free users out, unless of course they agreed to pay for the "free" account. After that, I could care less abut them or their service. 100MB and basic features is now chump change. I could say the same for Bluebottle, another bait and switch operation.
King Of Email is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2011, 08:46 AM   #3
Joseph3_98

Thumbs up

I, too, was first attracted to Runbox.com when they offered the free 100 MB worth of e-mail storage space, and I also left them for a long time when they first went to a paid service.

I have since paid for the service. It's reliability and stability are top-notch for me, their mail storage is now 10 GB with 100 MB attachments, they offer file storage with FTP access, and I have my personal website hosted with them. The subscription fees are modest, you can access it from POP, IMAP, webmail, and there is a light version that you can use for a phone if you need it. The fees are modest; mine is at the Medium level for $49.95 per year, but they offer it anywhere from $20 - $80 per year.

It might not be what you're looking for, but it's worked well for me, and I talk about it to anyone here in America that I can, even though they are in Norway.

Joseph W.
Joseph3_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jul 2011, 01:53 PM   #4
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennis View Post
Runbox had a young woman who served as their spokesperson on this board and she was quite smart and very pleasant.
The name of this young, smart and very pleasant woman is Liz
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jul 2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Ennis

Yes. Liz. Is she still with them?
Ennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jul 2011, 11:22 PM   #6
ReuvenNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennis View Post
Yes. Liz. Is she still with them?
Yes, she posted in another thread recently.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote