EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 14 Sep 2019, 02:33 AM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Given the number of posts of the opening poster indicating 0 I'm not sure if this was spam-intended, or whether this is a serious question

To my knowledge, but I happily stand corrected, your followers will always be notified of some changes, for example if you change your profile picture. However, this should not appear on your timeline, but it will appear in your followers' newsfeed. Maybe some other profile changes such as an addition to your bio or a change of professional status or so won't appear in the newsfeed, I don't dare to say, but I fear even such status changes will appear in the newsfeed of people who follow you. I once knew someone who changed her relationship status from "single" to simply nothing (not indicating relationship or so, just leaving the field blank) and there was a newsfeed indicating "... is no longer single", much to her dislike.

If you want as few people as possible to know of your profile updates, set your profile to maximum privacy so that most people cannot access it and cannot follow you.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote