EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 30 Aug 2020, 10:40 AM   #1
malcontent
Essential Contributor

Sendgrid Under Siege from Hacked Accounts

Quote:
Email service provider Sendgrid is grappling with an unusually large number of customer accounts whose passwords have been cracked, sold to spammers, and abused for sending phishing and email malware attacks.
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/08/...cked-accounts/
malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Sep 2020, 02:54 AM   #2
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
It’s really tough here. Most of their IPs are blacklisted on spamcop and I’m getting complaints about using SC to block email, because so many legitimate companies still use SendGrid. Building my own RBL I’m now forced to choose between blocking a huge amount of spam or letting it through just because one out of a hundred emails from them might not be.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Sep 2020, 12:23 PM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I use Fastmail as my email service, and this service seems to be handling the Sendgrid situation well. I regularly receive desired messages from some companies which use Sendgrid, and they arrive with a spam score of zero. Fastmail uses the "ME_SENDERREP_ALLOW" special header with a number which indicates how I have dealt with that sender in the past, so that even if I have not explicitly whitelisted that sender in my address book the system seems to automatically whitelist the sender based on my previous actions. If any spam messages from Sendgrid are making it to my account, Fastmail must be blocking or marking them appropriately because I don't notice them.

Of course, a particular spam sender does not target all available email addresses. So I might just be lucky.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote