EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 22 Sep 2014, 10:54 PM   #1
Clive T

FM calendar & Windows phone

Some advice please.

I've just got a 8.1 Windows phone but I've got two issues with the FM calendar.

1. Mail and contacts display and work perfectly via IE or any of the other available browsers but the calendar goes into a fast scroll if it's touched, crashing the browser every time.

2. Plan B is to link my FM calendar with my outlook.com account but for the life of me I can't get outlook.com to accept the link. I'm getting various messages about the calendar not being shared but, as far as I can see, the options are set properly in FM and outlook.com.

Any ideas welcome.
Clive T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 Sep 2014, 12:29 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive T View Post
2. Plan B is to link my FM calendar with my outlook.com account but for the life of me I can't get outlook.com to accept the link. I'm getting various messages about the calendar not being shared but, as far as I can see, the options are set properly in FM and outlook.com.
I've successfully 'synced' my WP7.8 according post.

BTW, I'm in a trial with mailbox.org at the moment. They support active-sync out-of-the-box.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2014, 12:50 AM   #3
Clive T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post

BTW, I'm in a trial with mailbox.org at the moment. They support active-sync out-of-the-box.
FM doesn't support activesync. I've a PolarisMail account that does but I don't necessarily want to forward FM mail to that just for the sake of setting up a calendar.

Thanks anyway.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 02:20 AM   #4
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
I can get this to work, but keep in mind that it will be read-only.

For the FM calendar you want to share with Outlook, ensure that "Full Event Details" is checked. The link that you want to subscribe to should be " https://user.fm/calendar/<bunch of characters>/Default.ics" and NOT the one with your username present.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2014, 04:28 PM   #5
Clive T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
I can get this to work, but keep in mind that it will be read-only.

For the FM calendar you want to share with Outlook,..
After fiddling about I cracked it. For some reason the URL that FM presented was different when I pushed the edit/display button to that of the URL shown when I selected the "caldav URL" link!

Many thanks for your input.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 09:36 PM   #6
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Some advice please.

I've just got a 8.1 Windows phone but I've got two issues with the FM calendar.

1. Mail and contacts display and work perfectly via IE or any of the other available browsers but the calendar goes into a fast scroll if it's touched, crashing the browser every time.

Any ideas welcome.
I've been experimenting with this on my Windows 8.1 phone - I'm also getting this continuous fast scroll on the calendar that I can only stop by closing down the window.

I've set up a FM calendar with my outlook.com account, but any new events take YEARS (yes, I'm exaggerating!) to sync with the phone.

I can't find any other way to sync a FM caldav on the Windows 8.1 phone.

Any ideas, anyone?
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2014, 11:23 PM   #7
cptlo306
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
I've been experimenting with this on my Windows 8.1 phone - I'm also getting this continuous fast scroll on the calendar that I can only stop by closing down the window.

I've set up a FM calendar with my outlook.com account, but any new events take YEARS (yes, I'm exaggerating!) to sync with the phone.

I can't find any other way to sync a FM caldav on the Windows 8.1 phone.

Any ideas, anyone?
At one point I had a Google calendar added to FM and then added the Google calendar to my phone. That was the only calendar I used within FM webmail. It pretty much worked but syncing was sometimes slow (30 minutes).

It would be nice if Microsoft would add true caldav support to Windows Phone. It would also be nice if FM would add Activesync or partner with NuevaSync. It doesn't look like either of those will be happening.
cptlo306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2014, 12:02 AM   #8
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
I've set up a FM calendar with my outlook.com account, but any new events take YEARS (yes, I'm exaggerating!) to sync with the phone
Updating can take more than 24 hours.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...t-vs-subscribe
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2014, 01:23 AM   #9
steventay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post

Just try mailbox, woh very power

Activesync out of the box and file sync apps on IOS and android.

Mail calender contact task notes files sync all available

Last edited by steventay : 23 Nov 2014 at 01:34 AM.
steventay is offline   Reply With Quote