EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 Dec 2014, 06:54 PM   #1
goky

Angry fastmail.fm (vs fastmail.com) anyway to get back?

This is probably a waste of time but:

I have a bunch of automated logins for fastmail.fm that will not work with fastmail.com

Is there anyway to access fastmail.fm so I don't have to manually setup each and every login?

Or at least a way to do it temporarily so I can get to my mail quickly while I schedule the time needed to deal with this?

And as long as I'm on the subject: Why was this done? Not getting fastmail.com (I get that) but killing .fm with no overlap.

And (just as a general grump) 3 days warning was not sufficient (we don't all check Fastmail all the time). Though admittedly that was more warning than they gave me last time they pulled this crud. (operamail to fastmail.fm)
goky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Dec 2014, 10:57 PM   #2
Cory
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goky View Post
This is probably a waste of time but:

I have a bunch of automated logins for fastmail.fm that will not work with fastmail.com

Is there anyway to access fastmail.fm so I don't have to manually setup each and every login?

Or at least a way to do it temporarily so I can get to my mail quickly while I schedule the time needed to deal with this?

And as long as I'm on the subject: Why was this done? Not getting fastmail.com (I get that) but killing .fm with no overlap.

And (just as a general grump) 3 days warning was not sufficient (we don't all check Fastmail all the time). Though admittedly that was more warning than they gave me last time they pulled this crud. (operamail to fastmail.fm)
Depends what software your using to handle your automatic logins. It would be a software thing at this point rather then a website thing.
Cory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2014, 07:04 AM   #3
Bahb
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Depends what software your using to handle your automatic logins. It would be a software thing at this point rather then a website thing.
Vendors and banks and all sorts of people have our e-mail addresses by which they identify us as "valid" or invalid", and we can't govern what software they use.

The problem happens, I think, when all we change about our e-mail addresses is the extension. It's been a nightmare I wish I had never caused. XXX@fastmail.fm looks no different from xxx@fastmail.com when I access the site to change my e-mail at PayPal(for instance).
Bahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2014, 07:33 AM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahb View Post
Vendors and banks and all sorts of people have our e-mail addresses by which they identify us as "valid" or invalid", and we can't govern what software they use.

The problem happens, I think, when all we change about our e-mail addresses is the extension. It's been a nightmare I wish I had never caused. XXX@fastmail.fm looks no different from xxx@fastmail.com when I access the site to change my e-mail at PayPal(for instance).
I am probably a little confused, but when you change your account name to xxx@fastmail.com, xxx@fastmail.fm is usually still a valid email address (or did you delete it as an alias). Even if you deleted the xxx@fastmail.fm alias, you can normally recreate it. Am I (as I suspect) misinterpreting your problem?
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2014, 07:56 AM   #5
Bahb
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
I am probably a little confused, but when you change your account name to xxx@fastmail.com, xxx@fastmail.fm is usually still a valid email address (or did you delete it as an alias). Even if you deleted the xxx@fastmail.fm alias, you can normally recreate it. Am I (as I suspect) misinterpreting your problem?
I was able to sign-in to Paypal, using my own domain name, which has nothing to do with Fastmail. But when I tried to change my Paypal e-mail address that goes out to whomever I'm paying, I tried to change from xxx@fastmail.fm to xxx@fastmail.com, and the Paypal system did not recognize that as change. Same thing has happened with many vendors and suppliers with whom I do business. If I had changed my e-mail to yyy@fastmail.com, there would have been no problem, but by the time I discovered that, I had spent MANY hours getting past automated Change systems to get to a human who could beat the system for me. The horse is out of the barn, so for me there's nothing that you can fix. But for the person who started this thread, there may be a fix.
Bahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2014, 08:16 AM   #6
Cory
Essential Contributor

I don't believe the OP is talking about external websites. I believe the OP is talking about his username/passwords autofilling in at http://fastmail.fm that are no longer autofilling now that the domain is fastmail.com, it appears he has more then one Fastmail account to log into. If I'm reading this right.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 09:04 AM   #7
goky

Thumbs up Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I don't believe the OP is talking about external websites. I believe the OP is talking about his username/passwords autofilling in at http://fastmail.fm that are no longer autofilling now that the domain is fastmail.com, it appears he has more then one Fastmail account to log into. If I'm reading this right.
You are correct!

I mean logging into Fastmail, not other sites.

Dozens of accounts (mostly for low level stuff / club card accounts etc.) all needing manual logins. It's a pain.
goky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2014, 03:08 PM   #8
Cory
Essential Contributor

This might help, Fastmail has provided an article to at least retrieve the passwords https://www.fastmail.com/help/account/pwmanager.html