EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 30 May 2015, 02:34 AM   #1
szdavid

Fastmail the best for me but facing contact issues

Hi all,

I really like fastmail for some time but I am facing some issues ; as it was really annoying, I tried some other tools but, at the end, not as useful that fastmail.

Here are my concerns ; may be I missed something bt could you have a look please ?

I have got a family account
I declared some contacts in the global adress book and linked them to some distribution lists.

it works like a charm

As there is not any carddav feature for family accounts, I try to delete all my personal contacts in order to reimport the data
But it seems that it also delete the global adress book data --> distribution lists do not work any more

Do I miss something ? Is there a way to "protect" my global address book or distribution lists ?

As family accounts have not got any carddav feature, I am thinking migrating to a personal account

Is it possible ? How ?
Would I lose anything like domains, DNS, distribution lists, aliases ? Most of them are declared at family levels

Thanks for your help
szdavid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 May 2015, 03:22 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

I feel your pain.

Usually, I am very cautious about suggesting reliance on promised futures. However, I think it probable that beta support for CardDAV will be available in family accounts within a month or so, maybe even less. Perhaps, you should try to struggle on with your current setup for a few more weeks. It does seem that CardDAV is the right solution, but a conversion from family to personal is subject to a lot of unknowns.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote