EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 6 Mar 2014, 11:07 PM   #31
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Is a lost dog the finder's property?

Quote:
Rosa Torres spent a week posting flyers and calling her local shelter in search of her lost dog, Raffiki. She saw it on the Karma Rescue website a week later, but it had already been adopted by a new family. Now Torres and her son, four, are trying to get the dog back. What rights do they have under US law?
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26375008
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2014, 04:55 PM   #32
Bamb0
Master of the @

I have a 2 dogs and a kitty
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2014, 05:58 AM   #33
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
The chihuahua sleeps in the same room as my parents, he has his own little bed next to the big bed and it happens they gotta wake up at night because he gets hungry or needs to do some business ... but overall he's a good boy, he just wakes up rather early so sleeping out during weekends etc isn't exactly an option.

Thing is, even if they keep you awake, that cute face makes it impossible to be angry at them

I live in an apartment too small for a dog, and while Brussels is not a huge metropolis like New York or Shanghai or so ... It would be too dangerous to keep a cat here, due to hectic traffic. I live in the center of the city, so lots of traffic at rush hour, I once lost a cat in traffic accident when I was a child and would rather not see such thing happen again.

A friend of mine keeps a rabbit as pet, while she lives in an apartment in the city too. I never realised you could keep a rabbit as pet indoors ; I thought those needed the outdoors ... ?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2014, 07:11 AM   #34
DrStrabismus
The "e" in e-mail

You can train a cat to use a toilet and flush afterward - there are videos on youtube to prove it. What's funny is that they still make that half-hearted attempt at covering it up.
DrStrabismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2014, 09:05 AM   #35
Chipper
Master of the @

Two cats -- Alex and Sassy. Not sure why the shelter named her Sassy -- she's a sweetheart.
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2014, 09:21 PM   #36
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStrabismus View Post
You can train a cat to use a toilet and flush afterward - there are videos on youtube to prove it. What's funny is that they still make that half-hearted attempt at covering it up.
Can dogs learn that too? Would be easy to not Always have to take a walk in the nearby park whenever our chihuahua has a nature call ...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote