EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 2 Jan 2006, 11:41 PM   #121
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by Empath
It doesn't work for me. When I attempt to login in just tells me I'm an unknown user. I notified Pumapost and all, but no go. Oh, well! That's enough messing with that.
As far as I'm aware all those who asked to be transferred have been. Those who asked after the initial transfer are being transferred in bi-weekly batches on Thursdays and Sundays.

If I have overlooked your request, I do apologise. Please PM me with your PumaPost address and I'll ensure it is included with the next batch transfer this Thursday.
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2006, 01:48 AM   #122
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Re: Re: Re: Problem with punctuated characters

Quote:
Originally posted by Javier
I was sure you will remember it. The problem, as usual, is with physical archive, not personal memory. :-) Thanks again.
Javier, I think I found the solution and BlueHome have applied the code patches. Hopefully, if I have remembered correctly, your emails will now be displayed correctly.
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2006, 02:27 PM   #123
TerDale

BlueHome.net quite slow...

Hi BlueHome,

The BH site is really quite slow, and remembers me the first times of PromptPost (prior to PumaPost), before Graeme solved this successfully (don't remember how).
Is this transient, or due to your infrastructure?
Anyway this is quite annoying, and worrying if one has to access it from a slow line (eg. from abroad).

Thanks in advance (and thanks to you and Graeme for this successful migration)

Jean-Marc
TerDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2006, 02:47 PM   #124
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
Re: BlueHome.net quite slow...

Quote:
Originally posted by TerDale
Is this transient, or due to your infrastructure?
It's a little of both. You should find it faster at some times and slower at others.

Please be assured it's something we're aware of, although there is no immediate solution.
BlueHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2006, 05:23 PM   #125
Javier
Master of the @

Re: Re: Re: Re: Problem with punctuated characters

Quote:
Originally posted by redmyrlin
Javier, I think I found the solution and BlueHome have applied the code patches. Hopefully, if I have remembered correctly, your emails will now be displayed correctly.
Hi, Graeme (and happy new year). I am sure you will found the solution. But I am unable to test it because, as commented in previous posts, BlueHome is really slooooooooooow (and, what is worse, I cannot open the message to verify if the solution has been effective).

As soon as I could access it, I will report it here.
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2006, 10:50 PM   #126
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
An upgrade will be peformed this evening (perhaps in about 14 to 15 hours from now) to help alleviate this. Please monitor your inbox. More info soon...
Old 4 Jan 2006, 02:00 PM   #127
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by TerDale
The BH site is really quite slow
Quote:
Originally posted by Javier
BlueHome is really slooooooooooow
Problem fixed.

Root cause analysis: A bug between SquirrelMail and PHP 4.4.1.

One of our users made a request that could only be satisfied by upgrading our copy of PHP. The current stable version of PHP (4.4.1) introduced a bug causing an infinite loop in SquirrelMail.

You can read more about the bug here:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35067

(With my best Hal impression): "It was a bug, Dave."

But, ultimately, problem solved.
Old 4 Jan 2006, 02:39 PM   #128
SAS
Cornerstone of the Community

Now I have lots of & nbsp; wherever there should be a space.
SAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jan 2006, 05:38 AM   #129
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Hi,

I have been receving some scripting errors when sending emails through webmail and the problems happens every time I send an email, on which subject the html editor is taking a little while to load. I know the old Pumapost system had the extra themes, I was just wondering whether Bluehome could introduce the extra themes, to add more customisastion to users of the old Bluehome system who were happy with the large variation of different skins before the switch away from the old system to Squirrelmail and it would be nice if they could be bought back, or even consider instgalliung Overlook or something like this which would give a more email client theme to webmail would be nice if this would be possible.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jan 2006, 06:44 AM   #130
jrafter
Essential Contributor

Add Threaded View to the new features on BlueHome.Net webmail. Yes!
jrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2006, 07:23 AM   #131
TerDale

Forum for BlueHome?

Hi BlueHome,

What do you think about providing a forum, on your site, for all BH users?
This would help to post questions like most of the above, allow people to find answers of questions already answered, avoid you to "spam" all of your users for announcements, etc...
This was done by Graeme for both PromptPost & PumaPost, and was really helpful.

BTW, if you decide to do it, please think about the possibility to publish an RSS feed for the new posts to the forum, this greatly enhances the way users can watch the forum. Once again, this was implemented by Graeme, and worked perfectly.

Thanks in advance

Jean-Marc
TerDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2006, 04:45 PM   #132

I like the way Graeme set up the forum too. Not sure if hee improved on the script but I am sure he could give a tip on how to implement it?

Freddy
Old 13 Jan 2006, 07:30 PM   #133
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Hi,

The relaibility of Bluehome has been superb, I have moved one of my domain names over to Bluehome for hositng (Thank's everyone who helped at Bluehome) as I have had not one problem since the switch although the old emails have still not appeared from the old account, I did email support about this, I am not worried about this, but they are somewhere as they aren't at the original provider and not in the folder they wree going to be in webmail and nowhere to be seen in my account so I am puzzled by this, but I am very happy otherwise.

I am just very pleased to see Bluehome going strength to strength with the superb services on offer and such like.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2006, 01:51 AM   #134
Gankaku

I just wanted to say that I was sad to see PP go. However, BH has offered the features we used at PP plus more space, and some other mores.

We used to have the weather plugin at PP. One of Graeme's users asked for it and BH installed it. I was happy because sometimes it's just that extra little something that keeps you wanting to go back into a service and use it. Beyond IMAP, mostly mine is extra from addresses/aliases, but it also has to be a little extra something that makes the service really stand out from the others. PP and BH has some nice customizable features, and the simple things as being able to color my screen how I like it, as well as the little calender/todo have kept me coming back, but little plugins like the weather can make it just seem like a friendlier place.

I was also pleased to see that I could upload an html file full of bookmarks. I haven't done it yet bt I plan to do so.

The only ONE minor complaint I have is that the BH service is a tad slower than PP. Not extremely, just slightly. It's just something I noticed.

Thanks BH for taking us on.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2006, 02:48 AM   #135
SAS
Cornerstone of the Community

Another feature that PumaPost had that I liked was the option to name specific addresses that images would be allowed from and not considered unsafe images. If I remember right, there was also a link at the top of the message to 'view unsafe images' so I didn't have to scroll to the bottom.

Gankaku.....maybe you were using something different as far as a weather plugin. I have the option to put the weather display on the main page. Is that different from what you are referring to?
SAS is offline   Reply With Quote