EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 5 Dec 2004, 03:07 PM   #1
dodger

Eudora pros and cons?

I use Mozilla mail mainly these days; I haven't used Eudora in quite a while (way back when it was version 4.x or something) and I was wondering how many of the members of this forum use Eudora on a regular basis. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the newest version in comparison with Thunderbird or Mozilla?
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Dec 2004, 04:57 PM   #2
stonecypher

I haven't used Eudora for a year or so. But bear in mind that this is a commercial product - you pay for it, either up front or by submitting to advertising! Some have accused Eudora of putting spyware into recent versions too. Don't know about that, but I'm still finding Eudora junk files a year after uninstalling it. Mozilla mail is very sophisticated and Eudora will not have more features. Also, you will soon miss the way Mozilla mail is integrated with your browser. If you want to try something new, suggest you download Mozilla 1.8a5 which has a global inbox and improved IMAP.
stonecypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2004, 10:35 PM   #3
hellie
Essential Contributor

I tried both opera and eudora recently and did not like either of them. It was suggested at the forum that I try thunderbird which is brilliant. Sophiscated but easy to use no advertising. It does everything I want it to. I am using the 0.9 version of thunderbird.

I hope this helps.

Hellie
hellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2004, 01:05 AM   #4
beeboy
Cornerstone of the Community

I've been fooling with different clients lately as well after being a Foxmail user for a couple of years. I find the browser based clients in Opera and Mozilla very nice.
I've also tried Pegasus, Thunderbird, and Phoenix. Pegasus and Tbird are more than I need. Phoenix is simple and fast.
It's still hard to beat Foxmail with all the features it offers. The password protected user accounts including address books is very handy for multiple users.
beeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2004, 10:25 AM   #5
dodger

thanks for your comments and help...I guess I was feeling a twinge of nostalgia for Eudora because it was the first e-mail client I was familiar with I suppose I'll stay with Mozilla products instead of switching back and forth- I updated to 1.8a5 as suggested
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2004, 12:09 PM   #6
gysca

I used an email client because I was too lazy to type in my user name and password everytime eudora is great I think, compared to Outlook Express (hey, I'm not a big fan of MS made stuff). I don't look for features, I just look for ease of use. sorry if I don't help much to make your decision, it just happened that I use Eudora and like it better than most email client that I've tried.
gysca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2004, 05:58 PM   #7
ankupan
Cornerstone of the Community

I am using Pocomail
and happy with excellent perfomance.
ankupan is offline   Reply With Quote