EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Jul 2017, 02:26 AM   #1
SamVilde
Essential Contributor

Possible to reset personal spam learning?

A few months ago I posted here about mail I was not receiving. I wound up submitting a help request, and someone in suport helped me somewhat - but here's what I think happened:

1. My spam/junkmail folder marked all messages inside as spam - that's not currenly recommended, but I believe it was on by default
2. I received non-spam messages in my spam folder, but instead of marking them as non-spam, I dealt with whatever business was required by those messages (replied to the person, or made the appointment, etc.)
3. Therefore, those messages remained labeled as spam, and now the senders are learned as spam, and now I get nothing from them.

Some of them are quite important, really, and whitelisting them has not seemed to help.

I can't find an option for them to completely delete my spam learning and start from scratch, now that I'm slightly smarter.
SamVilde is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Jul 2017, 02:37 AM   #2
SamVilde
Essential Contributor

I just submitted a help ticket for this, realizing how bad it is that I'm not receiving these messages. Leaving this here in case it's interesting to anyone.
SamVilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2017, 08:47 AM   #3
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Please let us know how you get on as I cant find how to reset mine either...
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2017, 06:20 PM   #4
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Please let us know how you get on as I cant find how to reset mine either...
I could have sworn there was a reset button in Settings > Spam Protection > Personal Spam Filter, but it seemed to have disappeared.
walesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2017, 06:24 PM   #5
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Its been gone a long time...
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2017, 03:47 AM   #6
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Hello.

A long time ago, I set up Spam and Ham classification folders. The idea was that you would move (or copy if using an IMAP client) false-positives/negatives to the correct classification folder and Spam Assassin would learn from them.

Unless it no longer works that way (and nobody told me), wouldn't moving/copying a false-positive from a friend to the Ham folder prevent future messages from being misclassified by SA?

If so, belatedly moving/copying all past false positives to the Ham folder should still work.

I suppose that it could also taint SA's corpus without an equivalent number of false-negatives.

--
Jacinto
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote