EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 18 Dec 2003, 09:48 PM   #16
kingdonk

Dr Who

I dont know the full story behind it, i can only remeber reading a little bit about it in the newspaper some time ago, i think it was a 50/50 ownership of the rights between the owner and the BBC.
Whether it was just the Darleks or the shows characters as well, i dont know.
Shame thou.
kingdonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2003, 02:53 AM   #17
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

I agree that the Daleks (although the "star" villains) were somewhat rubbish really; they wanted to conquer the Universe but couldn't even manage a simple staircase, and communication with them was difficult since their language seems to contain only two words, "obey" and "exterminate".

Still, Dr. Who was a great kitsch low-budget SF TV series. (Blake's 7 wasn't nearly as good, but had its moments.)
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2003, 03:28 PM   #18
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

I remember watching the show on the television when we were children and thinking it was fabulous!! I haven't seen it in years,however.My brother and I used to sit there mezmerized and loved it...children today may think the same...our children go in for some shows that I find really dumb,so who knows? It would be good if they would show it as re-runs on Canada and then I could test it out on our children.I wouldn't mind seeing it again just for fun myself.I love Red Dwarf and have tapes of it but haven't seen it on the Telly for quite a while...it was a really great space comedy!! Does anyone else like it also? Susan.
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2003, 06:11 PM   #19
Malc 44
Essential Contributor

I loved Red Dwarf too Susan, and also 'the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy' was great, although I preffered it on the radio. We used to hide behind the sofa sometimes when Dr Who was on, I'm sure kids today would just laugh at the dated special effects now.

Malc
Malc 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2021, 05:02 PM   #20
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdonk
I love the original Dr. WHO in the 60s...... I havent watched it much of late..... (A good link there)
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote