EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 3 Nov 2014, 10:22 AM   #286
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by emebrs View Post
Evolution is telling me the SSL certificate (for SMTP) for mx1.mxroute.com is not trusted because the signing certificate authority is not known.
Update: I have only seen this error once. It was during first-time configuration. So far everything seems to be working well with Evolution.
Odd. If you see it again, mind capturing any info it will give you on the cert? It's a wildcard for *.mxroute.com. I would certainly prefer that any problem like that be some random server oddity than something local to your system or network intercepting the cert, but anytime I hear a report like that it is my first worry.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2014, 01:39 AM   #287
emebrs
Essential Contributor

I believe the error occurred when I asked Evolution to test mx1.mxroute.com for available SMTP authentication methods. I think I also selected to temporarily allow communication under an untrusted certificate, so if the problem persisted then I should have seen another error by now. If it happens again then I will grab screenshots.
Now what I would really like is to find out how to manually examine the security details of an actively used mail server in Evolution. Web browsers seems to make that information readily available. Why doesn't Evolution do the same?
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2014, 08:17 AM   #288
nbarr
Cornerstone of the Community

Jarland

Any possible timeline on when filtering will be available on mxroute.com accounts as it was on mxroute.org accounts ?
nbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2014, 09:01 AM   #289
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarr View Post
Jarland

Any possible timeline on when filtering will be available on mxroute.com accounts as it was on mxroute.org accounts ?
I can say for sure that it won't be too soon. Exim is still the LDA at this time.
Old 5 Nov 2014, 04:34 PM   #290
soromak

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
I can say for sure that it won't be too soon. Exim is still the LDA at this time.
Jarland, Exim supports SIEVE to some extent, so basic/medium advanced filtering is possible
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2014, 06:46 PM   #291
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
Jarland, Exim supports SIEVE to some extent, so basic/medium advanced filtering is possible
I don't believe it would work in a way that allows the roundcube plugins for it to function properly..
Old 6 Nov 2014, 09:20 PM   #292
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

MXroute on Skype

Can't see it mentioned on the website, but this on Twitter:
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2014, 07:18 PM   #293
randian

Any progress on sending aliases, CalDAV, or file storage? How about the premium offering you were considering?
randian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2014, 09:32 PM   #294
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by randian View Post
Any progress on sending aliases, CalDAV, or file storage? How about the premium offering you were considering?
Nothing yet I'm afraid. Most of the energy has been going toward things on the back end. Improving IMAP performance, completed an overhaul of spam filtering, new compile of Exim this weekend. It all sounds boring but for some reason I love it
Old 1 Dec 2014, 11:56 AM   #295
emebrs
Essential Contributor

Reasonable people will disagree, but focusing on the basics sounds okay to me.
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2014, 08:33 PM   #296
zzeeshan

support email

Hi Jarland,

I posted few questions on https://billing.mxroute.com/contact.php in order for know the branding and other packages and email listing. Can you please reply there or should i post them here too via private message.
zzeeshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2014, 11:45 PM   #297
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeeshan View Post
Hi Jarland,

I posted few questions on https://billing.mxroute.com/contact.php in order for know the branding and other packages and email listing. Can you please reply there or should i post them here too via private message.
Hola! Should have received a response. I'll go back through tickets and see if I can find you to send it again
Old 6 Dec 2014, 12:49 AM   #298
zzeeshan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post
Hola! Should have received a response. I'll go back through tickets and see if I can find you to send it again
looks like i should contact you here in case of problems as this seems to provide your fastest response(after i signup for mxroute )
Old 6 Dec 2014, 02:38 AM   #299
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeeshan View Post
looks like i should contact you here in case of problems as this seems to provide your fastest response(after i signup for mxroute )
Not necessarily true. All tickets receive replies in reasonable time, and all have. I couldn't find anything that looks like it might be from you, might need your email address to find the ticket and send the response again.

Keep in mind I am up front about ticket response time on our front page. I also do respond to forums via cell phone, and rarely to tickets via the same.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 09:08 PM   #300
zzeeshan

Jarland,

Sent email in private message. Well last message was sent in a light mode and not in a complaining mode. mxroute is a great initiative and i like that already