EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 27 Dec 2003, 11:26 PM   #1
Gankaku

Talking Tech Support Funnies

I love this first one:

Andy: A friend called me over one day to help them with their e-mail. Firstly I discovered it was actually Hotmail -Êa bad omen, but the actual problem was simple - he'd forgotten his password.
Once owning an account with the great spam monster, I knew that you can reset passwords by filling in some user data and answering a secret question. Following my instructions he filled in the relevant form, and then up popped the secret question the genius had entered on registering:
"What is my password?"
Charles: I was doing contract tech support for a rather large company (of which I will not say the name) and I got a phone call from the head of accounting. He said he was having problems with his computer. I asked him to right click on "My Computer". He said he did not see anything like that. I walked him through, I made sure he had the computer turned on and made sure that he had minimized or closed all applications so he could see the desk top. I asked him to "look in the upper left corner of his desk top and see if you see an icon labeled My Computer" He said no. I then said "You see the start button in the lower left corner of your monitor, correct?" "Yes." "Now look at the upper left corner of your desk top. Do you see My Computer?" "No." "You don't see My Computer anywhere on your monitor?" "I see it on my monitor, but my MONITOR is on the upper RIGHT corner of my desk top!"
William: One day, one of our more ignorant users called up complaining that he couldn't find "my computer". I assumed that he was referring to the icon in the corner of the desktop, and also explained to him that in the newer microsoft operating systems, it could be removed from the desktop. Then he said, "No, you don't understand. I can't find my computer. It's not on my desk."
We told him to call the police.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Mar 2020, 02:22 AM   #2
Bamb0
Master of the @

Hehe those are good..... Heres more

http://www.spiceworks.com/it-article...tickets-part-2
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2020, 12:24 PM   #3
goocare

Hehe those are good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Yes! I think so
goocare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2020, 12:50 AM   #4
Bamb0
Master of the @

Welcome to the site

I hope your staying safe and all thru this horrible time!!
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote