EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 15 Dec 2013, 04:24 AM   #16
markwolk
Essential Contributor

c) register your own domain (ca $10 / yr)
markwolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2013, 12:50 PM   #17
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwolk View Post
c) register your own domain (ca $10 / yr)
with the registrar gandi.net you got a domain with 15 usd per year with five mailboxes all have webmail/pop3/imap.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2013, 05:11 PM   #18
derekocean

Thanks for replying
derekocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:52 AM   #19
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by kijinbear
Or even john@doe.com, if that's available.
Yeah if you can manage that nothing better,but lastname.firstname@whatever is usually the most I see.....
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2022, 07:50 PM   #20
TenFour
Master of the @

On the other hand, with the growing worries about online privacy and security many people might prefer to have an email address that isn't easily tied to who they are. Keep it as short and easy to type as possible, and hopefully it could be a word or some sound that is memorable. It really depends on what you are using it for. When applying for a job it is nice to have your name part of the email address, but on the other hand something that sounds clever to you might not look so clever to other people. Personally, I find addresses that include a name and then a number somewhat less impressive, but maybe that is just me. Still, it is difficult to get your actual name these days with major services, so maybe that is perfectly adequate: yourname6486@gmail.com. Just don't use a number that means anything to you, like your PIN code! For all-purpose daily use I like to have an address that is as short as possible and easy to type so that I can enter it quickly when typing it in and others typing it in are less likely to make a mistake. Some long, complicated personal name might be very hard to enter correctly.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote