EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 21 Aug 2004, 01:54 AM   #1
nickbeee

IMAP Client for Palm T2?

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good email client to use on my Palm Tungsten T2? Must support IMAP properly as I use Fastmail almost exclusively for my email.

Thanks,
Nick B.
nickbeee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Aug 2004, 04:32 AM   #2
cosffm

Check out Snappermail . The new beta supports IMAP and it works well with FastMail. As it is in beta there are still a few issues (syncing is not that fast for example) and it is a little pricey but you can trial the demo and see for yourself.
cosffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2004, 08:25 AM   #3
rob_au
Master of the @

Representative of:
Bluebottle.com
Is Versamail not supplied with the Palm T2? (http://www.palmone.com/us/software/palm/) I successfully use Versamail 2.7 with Bluebottle with my Palm Zire 72 which was supplied with my Palm on a separate CD to the Palm Desktop.
rob_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2004, 08:31 AM   #4
nickbeee

Agendus Mail

Thanks for your suggestion.
After search and brief evaluation I decided to use Agendus Mail Which supports IMAP folders and does other useful things as well. The only downside is that it does not support secure IMAP/SMTP and will only work on PalmOS 5 devices or newer.

Another client I found which does support secure IMAP/SMTP was PaPi-mail this also works on the older devices that use PalmOS 3.5 or later.

I've got both loaded on my Tungesten 2 righ now and I will be evaluating them both thoroughly over the next few weeks
Old 24 Aug 2004, 08:32 AM   #5
nickbeee

Quote:
Originally posted by rob_au
Is Versamail not supplied with the Palm T2? (http://www.palmone.com/us/software/palm/) I successfully use Versamail 2.7 with Bluebottle with my Palm Zire 72 which was supplied with my Palm on a separate CD to the Palm Desktop.
I tried the version that was supplied with MyT2, V2.5 but had no luck working with IMAP folders. Maybe V2.7 improved this?