EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 24 Sep 2012, 11:54 PM   #46
George_B
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by goob View Post
Has anyone been able to get task categories to sync using Activesync with an Android app? My categories don't show with either Touchdown or Moxier, and Moxier says "No data" for the categories even though I used the Polarismail web site to create some before synching.

Is this a known issue with Activesync / Android? I've been googling this for a while but haven't yet found any explanations.

Thanks!

------------

merged with previous message to avoid spamming the forum with my posts

Working beautifully now, thanks!!
just to confirm, tasks work but not task categories ?
George_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Nov 2012, 02:04 AM   #47
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Hi there,

I'm wondering whether there is a solution for my problem:
I run two address books. One for normal emailing with "a lot" of addresses, a second one with just "a few" addresses and phone numbers of the people I have a little more regular contact to. I would like to sync only the "second" address book with my smartphone.
However, I'd like to use both on the webmail interface when I send an email etc..

Is there a way to specify which address book should be synced from the enhanced Polarismail interface via ActiveSync?
krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Nov 2012, 02:20 AM   #48
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Settings -> Synchronization -> You can select it there.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 02:49 AM   #49
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Perfect, thank you!
Old 10 Nov 2012, 02:35 AM   #50
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Hello again,

sometimes, I am unable to send emails from the enhanced webmail interface. I click on "Send" and receive the error message "Connection to tcp://smtpin.emailarray.com:465 Timed Out". Am I the only one experiencing this?
Old 10 Nov 2012, 05:03 PM   #51
soromak

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimlin View Post
Hello again,

sometimes, I am unable to send emails from the enhanced webmail interface. I click on "Send" and receive the error message "Connection to tcp://smtpin.emailarray.com:465 Timed Out". Am I the only one experiencing this?
My connection in enhanced webmail was set as non encrypted through port 25 by default, not 465. Smtpin.emailarray.com is an internal ip for sending mail, is encryption needed? Maybe this is the problem?
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2012, 05:18 PM   #52
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, it works without encryption. However, I don't understand why it used to work with encryption in the past...
Old 10 Nov 2012, 06:07 PM   #53
soromak

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion, it works without encryption. However, I don't understand why it used to work with encryption in the past...
Are you sure the working settings were smtpin.emailarray.com and not smtp.emailarray.com?
They were changed and some point... I am sure that with smtp.emailarray.com the encryption would be fine.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 01:27 AM   #54
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Thanks, soromak, I'm pretty sure it used to work with SSL, but however, the problem has been solved now by using "no encryption".

I'd like to come back to this "Local delivery" feature from the first page of this thread.

First of all, it works perfectly with the common SMTP settings I use with several mail clients. But recently, I also tried to sync emails with ActiveSync. Well, these "smartphone-built-in-mail-clients" are not as feature-rich as they would allow to select not to save sent mails separately. As a consequence, sent messages via ActiveSync are being saved twice (ActiveSync upload + local delivey), and so causing duplicates.

Is there a workaround for this? I'd like to keep the "local delivery" switched on for all the classic IMAP+SMTP clients I use, but these limited ActiveSync settings on end-user devices are causing this misbehavior...
Old 11 Nov 2012, 03:01 AM   #55
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Thanks, soromak, I'm pretty sure it used to work with SSL, but however, the problem has been solved now by using "no encryption".

I'd like to come back to this "Local delivery" feature from the first page of this thread.

First of all, it works perfectly with the common SMTP settings I use with several mail clients. But recently, I also tried to sync emails with ActiveSync. Well, these "smartphone-built-in-mail-clients" are not as feature-rich as they would allow to select not to save sent mails separately. As a consequence, sent messages via ActiveSync are being saved twice (ActiveSync upload + local delivey), and so causing duplicates.

Is there a workaround for this? I'd like to keep the "local delivery" switched on for all the classic IMAP+SMTP clients I use, but these limited ActiveSync settings on end-user devices are causing this misbehavior...
Activesync is nothing more than a front for the Webmail. The issue is therefore also present when you send from Webmail. As a possible solution, can you maybe set your Sent folder to be the Trash folder ? That way our smtp servers will save a copy in the Sent folder and the Webmail/Activesync will save a copy in the Trash folder which you can then empty out.

Ideally we would implement an option to disable the saving of sent items in Webmail. What do you think ?
Old 11 Nov 2012, 04:31 AM   #56
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_B View Post
The issue is therefore also present when you send from Webmail.
I haven't noticed this before, but you're right, just played around with it on the enhanced interface and roundcube, it causes duplicates.

Quote:
Ideally we would implement an option to disable the saving of sent items in Webmail. What do you think ?
I would prefer this option by far, so I could just rely on the server's settings to save all sent mails to a single folder.
Especially with mobile devices and limited data packeges, it wouldn't be an "elegant" solution to upload sent messages to a "trash" folder, just to delete them after having used up the traffic.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 05:12 AM   #57
soromak

@George, do you have a timeline to upgrade SabreDAV? I am very anxious to try if it solved the issues with Cal/CardDAV on OSX 10.8.
Old 11 Nov 2012, 11:45 AM   #58
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
hey guys, from now on can you please use:

http://ideas.polarismail.com/

to submit all bugs/requests/suggestions ?

thank you!
Old 17 Nov 2012, 01:09 PM   #59
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
@George, do you have a timeline to upgrade SabreDAV? I am very anxious to try if it solved the issues with Cal/CardDAV on OSX 10.8.
No timeline yet to be honest. I will post it when it's done.

What issues are you having with OSX 10.8 ? There are no issues that I know of
Old 2 Mar 2013, 10:28 PM   #60
Hensie

Quote:
1. You would need the Enhanced e-mail package. You can sync from desktop to web using Funambol and SyncML. It does work quite well but I have seen it cause some bugs *sometimes*. Usually it's when you have multiple Outlook profiles. Otherwise it works fine. You can also sync to your mobile device using ActiveSync.
Can you explain this a bit more for me. I'm absolutely NOT technical so keep it simple How to set-up this Funambol program, what is the server location for my account (with my own domain)?
Hensie is offline   Reply With Quote