EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 28 Apr 2013, 04:32 PM   #31
drew
The "e" in e-mail

webecedarian I think I see your points.
One want to be able to do things effective ways
and if it feels unintuitive then one feel betrayed
by the designer of the interface.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2013, 07:42 AM   #32
beeboy
Cornerstone of the Community

I'm liking the new Outlook webmail so far. Like someone else mentioned, gmail is getting slow and bloated.
Secure connections surpasses gmail and others too. Opera browser shows a "trusted" connection throughout which is rare.
I'm still liking Yandex.com best. Yandex has some nice features, is reliable, and yandex disk is handy as it supports webdav.
beeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2013, 12:00 AM   #33
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeboy View Post
I'm still liking Yandex.com best. Yandex has some nice features, is reliable, and yandex disk is handy as it supports webdav.
I can't recall whether or not I may have tried Yandex in the past, but if so I no longer recall my user name. But based on your recommendation, I've just opened a new account there, and so far I like the look of the interface. However, while I see that there is an initial disk quota of 3GB, I can't find any information about the email storage quota. Does that share the same storage as the disk, or if not, do you know what the mail quota is?

Edit: I just found the answer to my own question in Yandex Help:

Quote:
Size of your inbox

Yandex mail provides its users with the amount of space they need. Immediately after registration, your inbox size will be 10GB. As soon as there is less than 200MB remaining, the space will automatically increase by 1GB.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2013, 05:07 AM   #34
drew
The "e" in e-mail

I gave up on Hotmail outlook.com
here in Sweden we use login.live.com
as the sign in site for webmail and that is
the single big email service that refuse
to allow Firefox to auto fill in the details.

Both yahoo and gmail allow it. so I keep yahoo and gmail
Old 14 May 2013, 03:34 PM   #35
alexu2007
Essential Contributor

I like the new design of hotmail (now renamed outlook.com). However there is just one thing that keeps me away from using it: the active view feature doesn't display thumbnails for image attachments if the images attached are bigger than 2 Mb.

If you receive an email with image files attached bigger than 2 mb, the only way you can view those images is to save them first on your computer.
alexu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2013, 07:31 PM   #36
jameshobbs

I like outlook because of its below given unbeatable features

1.Ability to send massive files
2.Storage facility in cloud
3.Automatically updated address book - You can get an address book that stays automatically updated in Outlook.com by connecting Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Google.
4.Connects with social networks - Outlook.com is designed in such a way that you can add contacts from social networks, manage Facebook and Twitter content, and even post comments or accept friend requests—all from your Outlook.com inbox.
jameshobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2013, 05:55 PM   #37
drew
The "e" in e-mail

I will start a new thread at gmail here in EMD because
it can be related to Gmail and not Hotmail/Outlook?

Two times now I sent an email from gmail to hotmail
and the receiver account does not find the email.

Is that an issue at Live.com or at gmail.com?
Old 29 Aug 2014, 07:34 AM   #38
werewolf
Essential Contributor

So even though I bought my own domain and figured out how to use it and set it up with a Fastmail account, I have now switched to free Outlook email and I find it to work much more smoothly and hassle free. I still liked the old original Yahoo Classic email best, but it's long gone.
werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote