EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 9 May 2021, 09:54 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

contact problem

I am having problems trying to install my contacts. i go thru the motions and click
sort by nick name Add contact nothing happens Any 0ne have any suggestions ?

Another little one I can log into my email with my regular Browser But my spare Browser
says wrong user name or password Thanks for any help i am just getting started with
Fastmaul
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10 May 2021, 12:58 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

The sort order has nothing to do with entering a new contact. When using the Fastmail web user interface:
  • At the left side of the Contacts screen you will find the tools to organize your contacts. You can add Groups for your contacts by using the + button at the bottom left. A particular contact can be placed in one or more groups. You don't have to use Groups, but it makes finding related people much easier. For example, you can send an email to everyone in your Hobby group by typing "hobby" in the To compose field. This will enter the default email addresses of everyone in the Hobby contact group to the To field.
  • If you have All Contacts (the default) selected, you will be viewing all of your contacts, no matter what groups they are in.
  • To add a new contact, click the + New Contact button at the top, then enter the contact information. The new contact won't be of much use unless you enter at least one email address for them. Be sure to click Save at the bottom when complete!
  • After saving your new contact, it should still be visible on the screen. You will notice these buttons associated with the contact:
    • Editing: The Edit button lets you edit this contact. The Share button lets you send or save a vCard fomat contact record. The Groups button lets you add this contact to one or more groups you have created. The Delete button removes the contact.
    • Actions: The Compose button opens the email Compose screen with this contact in the To field. The Invite button lets you add a calendar event and invite the contact.
    • Be sure to read the Help information at: https://www.fastmail.help/hc/en-us/articles/1500000280101-Using-Contact
  • And now for a new feature (the right-hand sidebar):
    • When reading a message, click the new icon in the upper right corner (to the right of More). This button toggles opening of the right-hand sidebar.
    • Click People in the right sidebar. You will now see a list of all persons involved in this message (or conversation). Click one of these names and you can choose to add them to contacts (using the button in the upper right) or if they are already in your Contacts list you can edit that contact entry.
  • You can also automatically add people to your Contacts when you sent them an email. See: Auto-save new contacts
Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 11:18 PM   #3
NJSS
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
i am just getting started with
Fastmaul
I don't understand this; you have been posting here as an FM user for years

NJSS
NJSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 11:51 PM   #4
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks Bill i appreciate your response. My problem is when i click Add A Contact Nothing opens The column is there to add info but it is not live and cannot accept the info
NJSS i have used FM of and on several times over the years
Old 11 May 2021, 12:18 AM   #5
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Are you logging in to the normal Fastmail.com website or the beta site?

What browser are you using? Has it been updated to the latest version? Is this on Windows 10? Do you have browser add-ons which might block certain things or modify the default operation of the browser? Have you tried other browsers?

Explain exactly what you click and type after clicking the + Add Contact button at the top. Do you see the characters as you type them into the contact fields (after first clicking to select a field)? What happens when you click Save at the bottom?

The reason I’m asking so many questions is that I add contacts many times a week and have also never seen anything like your complaint on this forum.

Bill
Old 11 May 2021, 10:17 AM   #6
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks Bill I am using Google Crome Browser when i hit ADD Contac nothing responds
You gave me a thought though I will try Micro Soft EDGE Browser
Old 11 May 2021, 10:38 AM   #7
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks Bill you are truly an expert. I changed to Micro Soft EDGE Browser And Presto
My problem vanished. Works like it is supposed to. I just want to thank you again
Old 11 May 2021, 10:39 AM   #8
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I'm very glad you got that resolved! It was difficult to troubleshoot remotely.

Bill