EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 17 Mar 2014, 05:59 AM   #1
Annonymous

Question Question About Mozilla-FIrefox Web Browser

Wondering if there's a way to disable Active Scripting in Firefox? Looking in Options, I clicked on Security & only find options for Passwords & Add-Ons. Nothing at all
like the Internet Options found in Security of Internet Explorer. If there's a way to disable Active Scripting in Firefox, have been unable to find it. Hoping someone can help. Thanks.
Annonymous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Mar 2014, 12:43 PM   #2
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Try the NoScript add-on. - http://noscript.net/

While not entirely related, try the Palemoon browser as an alternative to the Firefox browser. - http://www.palemoon.org/

I don't want to start a 'pro/con' war, but I will say I like it, it runs better than FF on my machine, and it supports all the add-ons to FF that allow me peacefully co-exist with the WWW.

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2014, 03:00 PM   #3
drew
The "e" in e-mail

I make use of no script too. Had no knowledge of the palemoon browser so thanks for the link.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2014, 05:39 AM   #4
Annonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy View Post
Try the NoScript add-on. - http://noscript.net/

While not entirely related, try the Palemoon browser as an alternative to the Firefox browser. - http://www.palemoon.org/

I don't want to start a 'pro/con' war, but I will say I like it, it runs better than FF on my machine, and it supports all the add-ons to FF that allow me peacefully co-exist with the WWW.

- Bruce
I thought I was missing something regarding how to disable Active Scripting. Apparently that isn't the case. Firefox is definitely slow. Too slow, in fact, for my liking, especially given that I must use pokey dial up service. Thanks for the tip about the alternative web browser. I may give that a try. I appreciate the help.
Old 18 Mar 2014, 06:29 AM   #5
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annonymous View Post
..Firefox is definitely slow..
To generally put it, Palemoon is a slimmed down version of Firefox. It doesn't have a lot of the extras that can cause FF to be slower. Kinda like Ravetree vs. Facebook..

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2014, 04:38 AM   #6
Annonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy View Post
To generally put it, Palemoon is a slimmed down version of Firefox. It doesn't have a lot of the extras that can cause FF to be slower. Kinda like Ravetree vs. Facebook..

- Bruce
That's good to know. Never heard of the alternative to Facebook either. Being on a pokey dial up connection, I'm for anything that speeds up the process of pages loading. It's either
that, or turn into a Senior Citizen waiting on pages to load. Not that I have anything against
Senior Citizens. mind you. There are simply other ways I prefer to spend my time, other than waiting. Anyway, thanks for the info. I always learn something new on this website. It's one of the best out there, in regard to finding solutions to most any questions or problems.