EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 25 Jul 2012, 04:06 AM   #1
geedee

Way to check for other connections to my account?

Hi --
I've been wondering if it's possible to check for other (nefarious) IMAP/POP/etc connections to my fastmail account.

Would checking the IP connections tell you about every machine possible connecting to the account? Is there another way?

I have a suspicion someone might be connected. Would changing passwords regularly (which I do) be the best way to defeat this problem?

Thanks.
geedee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Jul 2012, 04:14 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by geedee View Post
I've been wondering if it's possible to check for other (nefarious) IMAP/POP/etc connections to my fastmail account.
Go to Options and then Login Logs (which has information for the last two weeks only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geedee View Post
I have a suspicion someone might be connected. Would changing passwords regularly (which I do) be the best way to defeat this problem?
Yes.
In addition, if you do not use POP/IMAP yourself, disable this mode of access in Options, Account Preferences (at the very bottom of the screen). Don't forget to click Save Changes!
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2012, 06:31 AM   #3
geedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
Go to Options and then Login Logs (which has information for the last two weeks only)
Yes.
In addition, if you do not use POP/IMAP yourself, disable this mode of access in Options, Account Preferences (at the very bottom of the screen). Don't forget to click Save Changes!
Many thanks, janusz.
geedee is offline   Reply With Quote