EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 22 Jul 2017, 05:00 AM   #31
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
Looks promising.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2017, 06:39 AM   #32
mekitron

Thumbs up

not only promising but also competitive...
mekitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2017, 12:55 AM   #33
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
Hi Geir, I like it! And I particularly like the the contacts you have! :-)

BTW, I know this is alpha stage, but are we talking approximately 2017, 2018 or 2019 release?

I mention that because the 2FA took a very, very long time... and I'm hoping this is much faster...
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2017, 12:57 AM   #34
emebrs
Essential Contributor

May I express a different view?

Please take a very, very long time preparing the new release. There should be no rush, contrary to impatient people who post in this forum.

The current interface is highly usable. While I know the Runbox team will do it right, I believe a temptation these days causes some people to focus more on superficial aesthetics rather than true usability. Really, there ought to be a whole thread devoted to explaining how great the current Runbox interface is. It's that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post
I'm hoping this is much faster...
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2017, 01:12 AM   #35
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by emebrs View Post
May I express a different view?

Please take a very, very long time preparing the new release. There should be no rush, contrary to impatient people who post in this forum.
"I'm hoping this is much faster" than their 2FA development cycle doesn't mean I want them to rush anything... And actually, I don't think anyone serious here wants them to RUSH anything. But who the heck wants them to take a "very, very long time?" I get the concept of them doing a thorough job, but I definitely wouldn't want them to take a "very, very" long time.

I just hope they are developing things faster than 2FA, which if you recall, dragged on for years and years. In the end, they implemented 2FA very well indeed, but frankly, they could have released it in stages.

In any case, no one wants to RUSH anything, and I certainly didn't indicate that in my posts and I haven't read anyone advocate for that. I just don't want them getting hung up on a "perfect" or "ultimate" system that will take years and years developing. They could roll out the interface in more measured phases IMO. They are perfectionists, and I like that, but sometimes their ambition exceeds their resources.

Have said all that, I absolutely DO want them to get it done well and solid, especially as it relates to security.

And as for the current interface, it's antiquated and squarely a full generation (or more) behind, but everyone has a right to their opinion about it. I'm a paying subscriber like you and I do like the company for many reasons. Their UI is not one of them. I can understand other people who like it though.

My two bits only.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2017, 04:00 AM   #36
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post
And as for the current interface, it's antiquated and squarely a full generation (or more) behind, but everyone has a right to their opinion about it.
It's not my requirement (or even desire) to have everything up to the latest generation. The interface is usable, with some quirks I could do without, but I can live with it, and don't particularly care when/if another one is developed. And when it happens, there will be a group of moaners "we want to keep the old version forever". See the FM case (I know something about it because I was one of the moaners there )
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote