EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 6 Apr 2002, 08:14 PM   #46
ppetru

All email providers suck. FastMail just sucks less.
ppetru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2002, 08:16 PM   #47
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Thanks Ppetru--we're proud of the association: http://www.mutt.org/
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2002, 12:16 PM   #48
steve.nz

More Fastmail

One thing I was always certain of was that I would never ever ever pay for an internet e mail service. Well damn I just paid my $19.95 and became a member of Fastmail. Some things you just can't do without!!!
steve.nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2002, 04:42 PM   #49
VinceS

Talking

After searching and signing up for a couple of free services, I was left wanting more. POP just did not cut it for me--I need to access my mail from multiple computers, and I was spoiled by the IMAP access my college had provided for me. My Hotmail account lasted about a week before being spammed into submission, and few others provided the IMAP access I really needed.

Then I stumbled across emailaddresses.com and the Fastmail forum. After seeing how ridiculously quickly Jeremy and Rob responded to questions and technical issues and made necessary hardware upgrades, and looking over the list of features, I felt confident forgoing the free account and spending 19.95 for a full one.

The IMAP access is faster than any other service that I have used, the web interface is clean, efficient, and blazingly fast, and the feature that allows me to use anyalias@myusername.mydomain.com and file e-mail into the appropriate folders is just genius. And of course, the best feature of all, the "bounce" button, is a feature that every e-mail service should have. Fastmail has every feature that I wanted and much more!

Needless to say, the only regret that I have is that I didn't sign up for 2 years!

Thanks for all the great work, J/R!
VinceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2002, 11:21 PM   #50
luzanne

its like being in a email family

i'm just glad that unlike most email providers,
fastmail really does have a family of active members.

its almost like a community where everyone shares and helps each other, so it saves time of the administrators n helps them to know how to make fastmail really cater to the masses.

plus the administrators are also actively involved with the members comments/opinions.

this is way too cool!

luzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2002, 05:24 AM   #51
Si1
Cornerstone of the Community

I've never really been happy with web-based e-mail providers because there always seems to be a drawback no matter which service you use.

But FastMail has the right attitude. It appreciates what people want from an e-mail provider. It's designed to be easy to use, functional, reliable and professional.

Here you have people committed to making an excellent service along with a whole bunch of users who want to help achieve that goal! And that's got to be a recipe for success!

Thanks Jeremy and Rob!
Si1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2002, 04:55 PM   #52
mentiro

The combination of an attentive staff (Thanks Jeremy and Rob) along with a slick interface, tons of features, IMAP support, reasonable pricing, etc. made the change to Fastmail an easy one. I had been looking for a new e-mail provider since Yahoo was discontinuing its POP3 access. The same day that I discovered Fastmail.FM was the day I paid to become a Full member. Granted, that was only Monday, but I am already a devoted member! Great service! I hope that as fastmail grows and grows, that the service can still be so good and prices so reasonable! Thanks for the first e-mail service that I actually like!

Jeremy
mentiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2002, 02:16 AM   #53
Neil

Fastmail is friendly

I like Fastmail very much. Of all the online web mail
services I have ever tried, Fastmail is the friendliest
for users of the Arachne browser for MS-DOS.

NEIL PARKS
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2002, 05:20 AM   #54
mail2me
Master of the @

Thumbs up Fastmail is definitely the BEST

l have used heaps of free emails which I had setup all to forward to my hotmail account but one by by one all of them made both email forwarding and Pop access premium services and I was compelled to discontinue using them. The latest being the shock of such a big company as yahoo. A few others closed down altogether.

From my experience Fastmail is definitely the best. I am pretty impressed with the Fastmail service. It is undoubtably the BEST in the market today and the one-time fee Memeber package is value for money with a whole heap of invaluable services. If only they had an option to view all the folders at a glance too.
mail2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2002, 07:43 AM   #55
MikeL
Essential Contributor

Hi, all:

I just wanted to join the chorus as a new and VERY satisfied FastMail member! I signed up for a Guest account last week (Wed., I think), and after one day, decided to upgrade to Member. The single feature that sold me (though there are plenty more to love, and I'm discovering new ones daily) was the subdomain. I've gone in and changed all of my mailing lists to use my subdomain, with a different prefix for each one, and when I give my email address to a website, I do the same thing. Now, if someone sells my email address, I can tell who did it, and I can cut off any email to that address which doesn't come from the source I initially gave it to. The ability to use IMAP at home, and web access elsewhere, is incredible; I never knew what I was missing as an Amexmail "customer". To think that if they hadn't decided to start asking for $30/year, I might never have discovered FastMail!

Cheers,
Mike
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2002, 05:16 PM   #56
Ninniku

I agree ... I really owe a debt of gratitude to Onebox. If they hadn't started charging, I would never have found my way to your absolutely terrific service!

Jeremy & Rob (and everyone else involved), you've really got something to be proud about here. It's an oasis in a desert full of defunct, dying, and suddenly-overpriced e-mail services, and it comes complete with one of the friendliest message boards I've ever encountered! I certainly hope that you're enjoying putting all this together as much as we're enjoying being a part of it!
Ninniku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2002, 09:52 AM   #57
mklose

Thumbs up It's the thousand little things

It's the thousand little things that make fastmail really cool.

Ever been annoyed that someone sent you a huge word document that would take you ages to download and had they zipped it it would only be a fraction of the size?

Go to the web interface and you can download attachments in a compressed format if you want!!

Just one of the MANY MANY features.

- Spam assasin gives you virtually spam free e-mail even if you let other accounts that normally get loads of it forward mails to fastmail.
- Mails get scanned for viruses in the paid accounts (if you so choose) so you have little to no problems with viruses.

Everything is as user configuarable as you want it but is also extremely easy and fast to use at the same time.

What sold fastmail for me was the server side sieve filtering, spam assasin, virus checking, a large space for storing mails (and if that's not enough you can buy more) and of course IMAP(!)

The other thing is the support from the developers. It is just so fantastic and when you start using fastmail you are not left alone. You become part of a whole community of fans.

There is never a second that I have regretted paying for an enhanced account.
mklose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2002, 08:47 PM   #58
zaaz777
Essential Contributor

FastMail Testimonials

I am a Fastmail user since several months now,recently I paid up for a full mebership.I must say a few words in praise for Fastmail.
The service is superb,blazingly fast,the features are fantastic and numerous.Last but not least Jeremy and Rob are so helpful,their support is beyond compare.Not to forget you very nice folks on this forum so spend so much time and effort and try and answer any doubt or question a user puts up.Hooray for Fastmail!!!Keep it up
zaaz777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2002, 09:41 PM   #59
rakhesh

Thumbs up

My $0.02 regarding fastmail.

I have been using Fastmail for about 4-5 months now, and about a month back, I upgraded my account to a Full one. I'm extremely impressed with the service, and although I do not have much words to praise, this posting is to show that all this effort is really really appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
- Rakhesh
rakhesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2002, 06:34 AM   #60
revfordham

Unhappy Hitch re. FastMail - no free POP3

Searching for email to replace Yahoo!, I found this forum & all the glowing testimonies to FastMail. I went to FastMail's site, read the materials - and, found it didn't make the grade. The free level of service doesn't provide POP3, which I consider essential.

*) I need my email to be free.
*) It will be continual inconvenience, if I need to log in somewhere on the web, to collect my email.

Unless I'm mistaken, using IMAP requires logging in at the FastMail site to retrieve/review email.

So this one didn't meet my needs.
revfordham is offline   Reply With Quote