EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Sep 2019, 12:43 PM   #1
camner
Cornerstone of the Community

Using new iOS version to send screenshots

I just installed the latest iOS version of the FM app, and tried to use the new feature that lets one use the FM app to send photos, etc. from an iPhone.

I took a screenshot, and when the screenshot was presented to me, I clicked the share icon and then the FM icon. FM attached a file with a really long name with the extension .dms. That file was not readable when I downloaded it from the FM server.

If did the same thing with the built in Apple Mail app on the iPhone, the attachment had a name of the form img_0234.jpg, which is what I would expect and the image was viewable.

I then tried to take a screenshot, let it save to my Photos app, and shared it from there via the FM iOS app. That worked, although the file name was Image-1.jpg rather than the actual name that iOS gives in the Photos app.

So, it doesn't appear that FM can handle iOS screenshots before they are saved to Photos.
camner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Sep 2019, 10:12 AM   #2
camner
Cornerstone of the Community

I also tried sending a .GPX file from a GPS track logging app the same way: Tap Share, choose FM, and send to myself. The file that was attached once again had a long hex string name and was unreadable at the destination, whereas sending via Mail worked fine.

Something seems amiss with how things work when trying to share an item and attach it to an FM outgoing email.
camner is offline   Reply With Quote