EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 13 Sep 2006, 10:39 PM   #1
flinchlock

Thumbs down MailSnare down again....

I can not believe MailSnare.com was top dog... now it is what the dogs leaves for you to step in!

But, it does not really iss me off, since I switched to Tuffmail on May 12, 2006.

I only have a few more changes to my overall email setups, and I won't even waste my time giving a dog if MailSnare is up/down.

Mike

P.S. Yes, I realize mailsnare.com is not where I usually check my email... horde.mailsnare.net.
flinchlock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Sep 2006, 10:46 PM   #2
flinchlock

Oh look, it is back.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 01:37 AM   #3
FromNL

Congratulations!!!! You've discovered a downtime of a few minutes!.

Seriously: No matter what people say about Mailsnare, it surely is the far most reliable one especially compared to some services discussed at EMD.

A few minutes ..... wow!.
FromNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2006, 01:45 AM   #4
flinchlock

Quote:
Originally posted by FromNL
Congratulations!!!! You've discovered a downtime of a few minutes!.

Seriously: No matter what people say about Mailsnare, it surely is the far most reliable one especially compared to some services discussed at EMD.

A few minutes ..... wow!.
I had been trying to access it for at least 15 minutes. It may look like a few minutes, but I had just had it again, and I wanted to let the wonderful people on this forum know about my problems with MailSnare.

I first thought it was my Comcast service. (I have had almost perfect very fast Comcast service.)

I have had a ga-zillon problems trying to send email to my wife at the local high school for about a year.

The emails...
1) never arrived
2) mailsnare would be on a black list (again), and I would have to use a different email service
3) the high school spam filter would eat them (all my emails were/are just plain text)

This short down time was just another straw for the "straw that broke the camels back".

Mike