EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 8 Jan 2010, 12:05 AM   #1
flinchlock

Sneakemail alternative... InboxAlias.com

Maybe a replacement for Sneakemail?

Per http://www.inboxalias.com/index.php?id=2
Quote:
With Inboxalias you have the ability to sign up for a forum or other website and receive the registration confirmation email right to your normal inbox. After you've confirmed registration, deactivate that alias address in your control panel. Even if that website sells your alias address, no emails will come through to your account because the alias has been disabled.

If you forget your password, you can log into Inbox Alias, reactivate that email alias, and the 'reset password' email will be delivered to your normal inbox. Then de-activate the address again.
Online 05/2009: http://www.cubestat.com/www.inboxalias.com

Really Canada (see Technical Data): http://dataopedia.com/inboxalias-com

Mike
flinchlock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 Jan 2010, 12:13 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Inboxalias may or may not be an alternative to e.g. sneakemail, but only the first link in the original postings is relevant.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jan 2010, 12:17 AM   #3
flinchlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
Inboxalias may or may not be an alternative to e.g. sneakemail, but only the first link in the original postings is relevant.
I don't follow you... I should not have posted the other two links? I was trying to show about how long the site has been alive, and what country the site maybe located in. Did I miss understand your comment?

Mike
Old 8 Jan 2010, 12:28 AM   #4
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

The first thing you see on the 3rd link is 'preview coming soon' and 'flag as adult'. If you care to scroll down, you'll be rewarded with three or four virtually empty graphs.
The 2nd link gives the price for the domain ad daily ads revenue. Oh yes, there is more: Alexa Rank: 5,313,222.

Wow ! That's enlightening and relevant.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jan 2010, 12:37 AM   #5
flinchlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
The first thing you see on the 3rd link is 'preview coming soon' and 'flag as adult'.
The site is fairly new and as such not much traffic.
Quote:
If you care to scroll down, you'll be rewarded with three or four virtually empty graphs.
If I care???
Quote:
The 2nd link gives the price for the domain ad daily ads revenue. Oh yes, there is more: Alexa Rank: 5,313,222.
The site is fairly new and as such not much traffic.
Quote:
Wow ! That's enlightening and relevant.
Looks like someone woke up cranky!

Mike
Old 8 Jan 2010, 01:14 AM   #6
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at www.inboxalias.com.
Now I'm getting cranky.

Edit: Okay, sorry, apparently it was a temporary issue. Seems to be working now.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2010, 11:30 PM   #7
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Although you'd never use this kind of service for important emails, I wouldn't want a fly-by-night company being the middle man.

You're better off purchasing a domain (under $10/year) and creating your own temporary email addresses, and then blocking it via rules when you're done using it.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote