EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 28 Dec 2005, 03:02 PM   #61
idealist
Essential Contributor

Thanks! This sounds like it should do what I want it to. I'll play around with it in the morning.

hey i'm a senior member now!
idealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2005, 10:33 PM   #62
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by idealist

hey i'm a senior member now!
Congratulations!
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2005, 03:01 AM   #63
idealist
Essential Contributor

Thanks rmns!

Bluehome, I looked at the file .fetchmailrc and it looks like all settings (prefs) for my polling accounts. What you've given me in the post is the actual command lines, and I'm not technical enough to translate the command lines to settings to update the settings file. I didn't see anything that looked like an actual command 'run' for fetchmail - must be in a cron job that i don't have access to?

I've played around with plus subaddressing and just can't get it to move my newly polled mail into a folder other than inbox. So at this time I'm not able to do either thing I want to: pop mail into a specific folder, or pop mail residing in a folder other than inbox. And procmail did look rather overwhelming on first site. But thanks for your suggestions!

If bluehome or anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be grateful and willing to give it another go!
idealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2005, 03:44 AM   #64
Javier
Master of the @

Just another suggestion: would be possible that BlueHome people offer the additional SquirrelMail themes that PumaPost recently integrated into the webmail? IMHO, those themes really improve user experience.

BTW: I have been able to log into Bluehome using my Promptpost.com username information.
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2005, 04:00 AM   #65
JeffK

I too have beeen able to login with my promptpost username.

Thank you Graham and bluehome.

Jeff
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2005, 07:52 AM   #66
Webgenie

Options

BlueHome,

I'm so glad you decided to get involved and keep our PumaPost accounts going. I've found that your site doesn't work with Opera, at least the front page and log-in pages don't, but I worked around that with K-Meleon and got the links that do work with Opera. I got an "applet crashed" message when trying to access the files screen.

Two things important to me when using SquirrelMail are not present as options. They are mail forwarding and aliases. Will these options be coming?

Thanks for your efforts
Webgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2005, 03:19 PM   #67

Pardon a newbie, would that mean that if I have a pumapost address that I also could be same username as

username at pumapost
username at bluehome

With all due respect and regards to Graeme, I fancy bluehome too as a domain name. So that would be cool to be able to use. Cold someone confirm my pale grasp on this?

Freddy
Old 29 Dec 2005, 11:08 PM   #68

I had pumapost this morning but now it fails so the transfer maybe is ongoing.

How long time does such transfer take? what to expect? I tried to send an email to support at bluehome.net but that failed. what is the correct address?

Quote:
To contact us, simply an email to support <(at)> bluehome <(dot)> net
but that failed for me.

Could that be due to something else going on.

Fabule in another thread says they have a DDOS attack? whatever that is.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 12:21 AM   #69
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
Quote:
They are mail forwarding and aliases. Will these options be coming?
Mail forwarding is already available: Login to Usermin and access the Procmail module. Add a new filter action and select "Forward to address" from the pop-up menu. Enter the email address in the text field. Also, if you want to leave copies on our server, check off "Continue processing even if conditions match."

If you only want to forward certain messages, you can add to this the action conditions at the bottom and define which messages should be forwarded (or not forwarded.) If no conditions are given all messages will be forwarded.

We're are considering official support for aliases. As it is now it's something that was set up to allow the PumaPost accounts to function as they were prior to the migration.

Quote:
would that mean that if I have a pumapost address that I also could be same username as username at pumapost username at bluehome
It would be username@pumapost.com

Quote:
I fancy bluehome too as a domain name. So that would be cool to be able to use.
An account in the bluehome.net domain could always be created for you.

Quote:
I had pumapost this morning but now it fails so the transfer maybe is ongoing. How long time does such transfer take? what to expect? I tried to send an email to support at bluehome.net but that failed. what is the correct address? Could that be due to something else going on. Fabule in another thread says they have a DDOS attack? whatever that is.
The transfer is more or less complete. The DNS transition should have already happened for most people. For those who have not, it should be completed within 24 hours (that was the TTL value for the pumapost.com domains.) Because of the distributed nature of DNS not everyone will be able to access the server at the same time (it will depend on when your ISP's DNS cache expires.)

In addition, some mail may arrive at the old PumaPost servers instead of ours during the transition. An automated process has been created to login to the old server periodically and retrieve messages. As a result you might experience a delay until you can see those particular messages on our side.

If you were using BlueHome and now are not able to, it's likely the result of Distributed Denial of Service (DDos) attack from last night.

We don't believe it was related to the PumaPost migration. Just coincidental.

The attack focused on overloading the computational resources of our servers (as opposed to consuming bandwidth.) As a result CPU utilization spiraled out of control.

The attack was very sophisticated. We determined that participants' IP addresses and source information were spoofed, there was no specific signature to the traffic that could we could identify (which prevented the creation of router ACLs or firewall rules), nor was that traffic coming from a specific provider or core router. The attack ended itself around 06:45 (GMT -08:00) but the investigation into who is responsible will continue.

(Although due to the spoofed sources and many vectors of the attack, it's unlikely that we'll be able to successfully identity the attacker.)
BlueHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2005, 01:00 AM   #70
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
Quote:
Originally posted by idealist If bluehome or anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be grateful and willing to give it another go!
Please send an email to support <(at)> bluehome <(dot)> net. We'll work with you to get it going.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 01:55 AM   #71

I've received two emails now so pop3.pumapost.com works but was delayed. so maybe that is due to dns then.

But me have to learnhow to set smtp up on my mobile phone.

Now it says that using smtp is refused so maybe something with authentication or similar. I used port 825 maybe I should try port 26 or 587? cause port 25 are most likely preserved for my ISP only???
Old 30 Dec 2005, 02:00 AM   #72
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
Quote:
Originally posted by fredwerterBut me have to learnhow to set smtp up on my mobile phone.
OK. What is the make and model of your mobile phone? Who is your carrier? What email client are you using? The built-in one or a different one?

Quote:
Originally posted by fredwerterNow it says that using smtp is refused so maybe something with authentication or similar. I used port 825 maybe I should try port 587 or was it 857? cause port 25 are most likely preserved for my ISP only???
Where was the refusal? In your email client or on your mobile phone? What email client are you using? What are the settings? Please be sure SMTP authentication is enabled. The SMTP server accepts connections on ports 25, 26, 587 and 825. Odds are that one of those should work for you.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 02:14 AM   #73

thanks indeed for fast replies, me confused port numbers but has corrected them now. I'm on a local cell mobile phone isp here so maybe they are very strict on us using their smtp exclusively. They most likely want to have totall control over us.

So I failed on all these ports suggested but it works if I set it up as they reccomended smtprelay1.telia.com using port 25 as they recommend which is their most used one and oldest such smtp relay.

So I have a working account now. Thanks indeed.

I try to log in using webinterface maybe tomorrow if the weather allow me. It is very icy to go by bike here and snowy

Freddy
Old 30 Dec 2005, 02:28 AM   #74
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
Quote:
Originally posted by fredwerter
So I failed on all these ports suggested but it works if I set it up as they reccomended smtprelay1.telia.com using port 25 as they recommend which is their most used one and oldest such smtp relay.
It may be that they don't allow anything else to be used.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 10:21 AM   #75
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by Javier
Just another suggestion: would be possible that BlueHome people offer the additional SquirrelMail themes that PumaPost recently integrated into the webmail? IMHO, those themes really improve user experience.

BTW: I have been able to log into Bluehome using my Promptpost.com username information.
I liked the themes too but, whiile not being able to speak definitively for BlueHome, I personally doubt these themes could be offered, certinly not in the short term.

The integration of them into PumaPost involved substantial customization of the SM code. Any easy integration may have to wait until the current development branch becomes stable.
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote