EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 30 Jan 2022, 04:56 AM   #1
earl

Fastmail emails OK at fastmail.com and iPhone Mail but not OS X Mail ?!?

Has anybody else in the past few weeks seen new Fastmail emails arriving just fine in the Inbox when viewed on their iPhone Mail app, or Fastmail's iOS app on their iPhone, or online at fastmail.com...and yet NOT downloading into the Inbox or elsewhere in OS X Mail on their Mac?

As an intermittent workaround, sometimes moving a message from one folder to another in OS X Mail seems to have caused an IMAP refresh that fixes the sync issue... but this often doesn't help.

Mailbox > Get All New Mail didn't help, nor did Mailbox > Take All Accounts Offline followed by Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online, nor did Mailbox > Synchronize All Accounts, nor did quitting and restarting the OS X Mail app.

Thanks for any tips or shared experiences!
earl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Jan 2022, 04:58 AM   #2
earl

...and here's an odd workaround that apparently DOES work: having seen the email arrive on your iPhone or in a web browser, you know its subject line, so in OS X Mail on your Mac, simple search for the invisible email using a few words from its subject line...and presto, the emails now show up fine in the Inbox even after closing out the search!

This also caused ALL missing emails to appear correctly, not just the one(s) found via the search. Bizarre.
earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2022, 12:44 AM   #3
placebo
Cornerstone of the Community

If you're using IMAP, you could try deleting the account from Mail and then adding it back. That might clear up the weirdness you're seeing.
placebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Feb 2022, 04:45 AM   #4
yositimy

I've seen some weirdness on my newer OSX clients, but not on older clients. One of my newer clients sometimes thinks there is unread emails in my inbox, but there isn't any. In that case I suspect a client directory problem but have not gone through the trouble of deleting and reinstalling the account.

Otherwise I think the current mail client is slow.
yositimy is offline   Reply With Quote