EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 5 Nov 2014, 11:53 AM   #1
metal

Email address suggestions for personal domain

Hello,

I have my personal domain which is a combination of first and last names. I was wondering what is the best email address that can be used with this domain. Currently I am using "email @ .....com. "

Thanks
Metal
metal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Nov 2014, 02:10 PM   #2
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
Hello,

I have my personal domain which is a combination of first and last names. I was wondering what is the best email address that can be used with this domain. Currently I am using "email @ .....com. "

Thanks
Metal
maybe contact@firstlast.com
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2014, 02:18 PM   #3
William9
The "e" in e-mail

This question and the related question, what domain name should I choose, have been asked many times in these forums. You can search for the other threads.
It's basically your choice. Some common user names with your own domain are "mail", initials, first name, and others. First.last name has been recommended but would not be good (in my opinion) with your domain name because it would be repetitive. I suppose the user name that you have chosen is also satisfactory.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2014, 02:29 PM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Your thinking is good. It does depend though (I think) on how you have worded your domain. Let's say you registered 'johnsmith.com' as your domain. Mail or email at johnsmith.com would be a good address (imho)

But 'john at johnsmith.com' would not be so good - I gave up using my first name 'David' at any domain (even my own) - a very long time ago, due to spamming problems.

Give it your best shot; if it sounds okay, as it rolls off your tongue, it will usually work okay, has been my experience. Names like 'support' 'help' 'webmaster' (and many others) are usually standard.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Nov 2014, 01:36 AM   #5
metal

Thanks for your input. Someone suggested message @ domain dot com. So I will now choose between:
  1. mail
  2. email
  3. contact
  4. message

regards
metal
metal is offline   Reply With Quote