EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 16 Mar 2024, 03:01 AM   #16
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
See, that's exactly why the whole phone verification is flawed... Travelers, people in area's without cell reception, ... and obviously tracking is part of it too.
Sure, but most people want a surefire way to prove who they are so that hackers can't get into their email, which necessitates some type of second factor. Even if the second factor is something like a security key, an authentication app, or other, there always comes a time when you are locked out. These companies know that the vast majority of problems they troubleshoot are people locked out of their own accounts because they forgot the password.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2024, 03:11 AM   #17
dryoldlime

A member somewhere said something about OnMail.
dryoldlime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2024, 05:21 AM   #18
Csin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryoldlime View Post
Onmail required no phone nor personally identifiable info to create an account, back when I set it up a year or so ago. Still use it, and no complaints. Mailo is the only other 'above ground' webmail provider that allows an anonymous account...though I've seen many on the Darknet, but have no experience with them....I vaguely recall only one was free, and the rest required 'bitcoin', which is waaaay too irritating for me to fuss with.
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2024, 04:54 AM   #19
nosim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryoldlime View Post
Seems like a closed system? No IMAP or POP3
https://support.onmail.com/hc/en-us/...arty-email-app
nosim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2024, 04:56 AM   #20
nosim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csin View Post
Onmail required no phone nor personally identifiable info to create an account, back when I set it up a year or so ago. Still use it, and no complaints. Mailo is the only other 'above ground' webmail provider that allows an anonymous account...though I've seen many on the Darknet, but have no experience with them....I vaguely recall only one was free, and the rest required 'bitcoin', which is waaaay too irritating for me to fuss with.
Mailo is the old netc (and other email services). Requires much configuring through their web interface to make IMAP working properly (deactivate some of the pre-set automation), but it does work. No POP3.
nosim is offline   Reply With Quote