EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 16 Jun 2005, 08:40 PM   #1
lindy

Unhappy Bouncing email at night

I receive email from Yahoo Groups and have white listed it in the Spam Filter. All day long everything works just fine. Most junk is caught by the filter and I still receive my Yahoo mail. But sometime during the night Runbox is bouncing Yahoo mail back to them. I wake every morning to find all of my Yahoo accounts bouncing. What is happening during the night that is different than the daytime??????
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Jun 2005, 09:35 PM   #2
jbs
Essential Contributor

I also got a Yahoo bounce this morning

Here's what was in my mailbox this morning at 7:30 am Eastern Time:

Quote:
Dear Yahoo! Groups member,

You belong to one or more email groups provided by Yahoo! Groups
(groups.yahoo.com).

Recently, messages sent to you from Yahoo! Groups have been returned to us as undeliverable. As a result, we have temporarily
turned off message delivery to this email address.

If you are reading this message, the delivery problem appears to be fixed. To start receiving your groups messages by email again and turn your account back on, please visit:

http://groups.yahoo.com/unbounce?adj=xxxxx

(You can also copy and paste this link into your browser, and hit the 'Return' key.)

Once you reactivate your Yahoo! Groups account by clicking the link above, you will receive messages from your group(s) again.

Tip: You can read messages you might have missed while delivery was turned off by visiting your groups here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups

Thank you for using Yahoo! Groups!

Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
jbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2005, 09:40 PM   #3
lindy

It looks like the owner or moderator of your Yahoo Group sent you a reactivation notice. I have had to do that every morning for the past 3 days. Not so coincidentally, that was the day I set the Spam Filter on this website.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 09:56 PM   #4
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi Lindy,

You can not Whitelist Yahoo Groups because the Whitelist tests the "From" address and Yahoo Groups uses the posters "From" address when sending. This would mean that you would have to Whitelist every member of every Yahoo Group you belong to.

Make sure you do NOT have "reject if possible" for your spam filters. This will cause your Yahoo Group account to bounce if spam is rejected and bounced back to Yahoo.

Also, could you check you Yahoo Group account and see what the last message bounced back was? Go to My Groups -> My Email Preferences -> Show History

You can add a user Filter to move Yahoo Group messages to a folder so they don't get caught by the Spam Filter. Just make sure the Order value is set to LESS THAN "-1". Anything down to "-99" is valid.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2005, 10:15 PM   #5
lindy

Last Bounced Message
Remote host said: 550 support@runbox.com. [BODY]

This is the same message I have every morning. I will definitely make the changes you suggest, and thank you very much! Can you, tho, explain why this happens only at night? It seems odd to me that everything works fine all day, but sometime during the night my messages are bounced.

Thanks,
Linda
Old 16 Jun 2005, 11:38 PM   #6
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Did you you have "reject if possible" set? If you do then it will bounce the message back to Yahoo Groups everytime it gets messages from Yahoo Groups that's flagged as spam by the spam filters.

Why does it happen only at night? Maybe Yahoo Groups only processes bouncing accounts during your nighttime hours. Maybe the spam messages only happen to be coming through during your nighttime hours. Could be any number of reasons.

I can tell you that I am a member of a number of Yahoo Groups and run a couple too and messages sent to my Runbox account haven't been bouncing.

Regards,
Rich
Old 16 Jun 2005, 11:44 PM   #7
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
There was an identical bounce posting here last year

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...threadid=21775

That appears to have been "reject if possible" related.

They did have it set and never posted that the problem continued after they unchecked it.

Regards,
Rich
Old 16 Jun 2005, 11:45 PM   #8
lindy

I did have Reject if Possible checked. I have unchecked that and set up the rule you suggested. I also own several Yahoo Groups and have used them with Runbox for several years without a problem. Unfortunately, far too many spam emails were coming thru, so I set up the Spam filter and obviously set it up incorrectly. Hopefully these changes will solve my problem. Thank you so very much for your help.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 01:10 AM   #9
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
You're welcome. I'm pretty sure that was the problem then.

Rich