EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 18 Jul 2017, 07:49 AM   #31
markwolk
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pin View Post
It has been a loooong time since I last posted, still pop in now and again to catch up on the world of email This is a testament to how well I have been served by Tuffmail since joining in 2006. However, I feel it's long past the time to change.
I disagree. For me, Tuffmail has been rock-solid for over a decade. I got support when I needed to. For my needs, the Squirrelmail web interface is still the best of all, and works perfectly on desktops and mobiles. The only email service that allows me to point the Mx record of an unlimited amount of domains, with an unlimited amount of addresses for such a modest price. The only email service with a Manager that works better than filters, Allow / Deny lists and all the useful bells and whistles - no useless gimmicks.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
markwolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2017, 09:23 AM   #32
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev99 View Post
FWIW, I have been told that John is returning and does have some improvements in mind.
It could be true. The domains tuffmail.com and tuffmail.net are updated on June 22. Registrant again is: John Capo!
https://www.whois.com/whois/tuffmail.com

He has also founded a new organization: MX Systems, Inc. Since June 6.
https://florida.intercreditreport.co...c-p17000049484

Quote:
MX SYSTEMS INC. has been set up 6/6/2017 in state FL. The current status of the business is Active. The MX SYSTEMS INC. principal adress is 411 WALNUT STREET, #8439, GREEN COVE SPRINGS, 32043. Meanwhile you can send your letters to 411 WALNUT STREET, #8439, GREEN COVE SPRINGS, FL, 32043. The company`s registered agent is SPIEGEL & UTRERA, P.A. 1840 SOUTHWEST 22ND STREET, 4TH FLOOR, MIAMI, FL, 33145. The company`s management are President, Secretary, Director - Cupstid Gina, Vice President - Capo John.
Hopefully.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2017, 09:04 AM   #33
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

This is really cool to hear. Glad to see John back, if indeed that is happening. I'd probably sign up for an account again just because of him. He was literally the single best thing about Tuffmail IMO, and if he's there to "modernize" (and I use that term loosely) Tuffmail, it will be a good thing indeed.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Aug 2017, 08:52 AM   #34
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Copyright notice on homepage changed from Breah Inc. to MX Systems Inc.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 11:45 PM   #35
ioneja

Just FYI - it's confirmed that John is back, if one couldn't deduce from the ownership change to MX Systems. :-) That's good news, and I hope it goes well for him. I will probably sign up for an account again. I remember how great the back-end of Tuffmail was. Super-flexible control per account. I am very curious to see what the priorities will be once he starts developing again.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 03:35 AM   #36
mikev99

Smile Great support too!

- I am a happy camper; Tuffmail has it all.
mikev99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2017, 09:57 AM   #37
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post
Just FYI - it's confirmed that John is back, if one couldn't deduce from the ownership change to MX Systems. :-) That's good news, and I hope it goes well for him. I will probably sign up for an account again. I remember how great the back-end of Tuffmail was. Super-flexible control per account. I am very curious to see what the priorities will be once he starts developing again.
He started securing the service. Unsecure ports will be disabled per 2018-1-1. http://www.tuffmail.com/ports.php
Tuffmail.com promoted to 'A' grade on SSLlabs.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 11:13 AM   #38
ioneja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
He started securing the service. Unsecure ports will be disabled per 2018-1-1. http://www.tuffmail.com/ports.php
Tuffmail.com promoted to 'A' grade on SSLlabs.
Good to know. And finally!
Old 15 Aug 2017, 03:57 AM   #39
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

While I appreciate that email providers cannot be judged merely by their storage space, Tuffmails prices are ridiculous. For $50/year, Fastmail provides 25GB; for $56.25/year, Rollernet also provides 25GB. For 10GB, Tuffmail charges $264.00/year.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2017, 04:08 AM   #40
ioneja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
While I appreciate that email providers cannot be judged merely by their storage space, Tuffmails prices are ridiculous. For $50/year, Fastmail provides 25GB; for $56.25/year, Rollernet also provides 25GB. For 10GB, Tuffmail charges $264.00/year.
Their prices are indeed out of sync with other providers on that issue, and I think they'll have to make some price changes... but as you indicated, we're not judging the services by just their storage space. Also, Tuffmail uses "soft limits" and shared quotas, which is pretty nice when you get into multi-user accounts. So it's not apples to apples. But I do agree with you that they'll have to update quotas just to appear more competitive.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 09:48 PM   #41
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Even Gmail offers more than 10gb I think it's for free, and other providers such as Yahoo similar. So I do think those prices aren't in line with other provider's offerings.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2017, 12:44 AM   #42
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
It depends on your needs, personally I think it's the other way around. Tuffmail allows an unlimited number of hosted domains for $25 whereas Fastmail charge $30 for an account that doesn't even support hosting.
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2017, 01:15 AM   #43
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowBob View Post
It depends on your needs, personally I think it's the other way around. Tuffmail allows an unlimited number of hosted domains for $25 whereas Fastmail charge $30 for an account that doesn't even support hosting.
Not sure what you mean by "the other way around". But I wasn't making a features comparison, hence the "While I appreciate that email providers cannot be judged merely by their storage space" disclaimer at the beginning of my post.

But since you mention it.. I would imagine that the average consumer cares more about storage space than hosting domains. (At least when we're talking about a provider that only offers 500MB.) Those who DO care about hosting multiple (or unlimited) domains -- which is permitted at the $50/year level at Fastmail -- probably don't fret over $25/year more when it also gets them 24.5GB more storage.

All that being said.. I'm glad you found a provider you enjoy. Again, my point was only a comparison of storage space. It seems like Tuffmail hasn't changed their pricing since they started.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2017, 01:52 AM   #44
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

I haven't used Tuffmail for years. My point is that they do provide reasonably priced domain hosting for people with modest storage needs. Unless you actually need huge amounts of storage it's Fastmail that's overpriced.
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2017, 02:10 AM   #45
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Those who DO care about hosting multiple (or unlimited) domains -- which is permitted at the $50/year level at Fastmail -- probably don't fret over $25/year more when it also gets them 24.5GB more storage.
https://www.fastmail.com/help/account/limits.html

Not unlimited (quote: 100, plus 1 for every user in the account) domains.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote