EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 6 Jan 2005, 12:15 AM   #16
GENA

Quote:
A good start would be figuring out who this mysterious I is, and which mail exchanger, if any, he received the error message from.
HUH? I don't know how to do this.

how the heck did I get this mess? Do you think EARTHLINK might have something to do with it?
GENA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2005, 01:55 AM   #17
BKB
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally posted by GENA
Do you think EARTHLINK might have something to do with it?
Doubtful. Please clarify: you are using Outlook Express and Incredimail on the same computer. OE works, Incredimail doesn't. Is this correct?
BKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2005, 01:57 AM   #18
tore

Quote:
HUH? I don't know how to do this.
how the heck did I get this mess? Do you think EARTHLINK might have something to do with it?
Well, the first thing would be to see the entire bounce, not just part of its body. The headers of the bounce are very important, so are the headers of the original message if they're included.

Even though your settings indicate that you send mail directly to us, this cannot be the case. I know some ISPs like to grab all outgoing SMTP traffic and direct them to their own email servers, regardless of what the end-user himself wants. Maybe Earthlink is doing that, and some misconfiguration in their setup make them bounce it. Difficult to tell right now for me, though - I need the whole bounce.

Tore
tore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2005, 02:26 AM   #19
GENA

yes that's right BKB.

I just removed IM for the 3rd or 4th time. I might try again later in a few months. It's not worth the headaches.

Thanks Guys!
GENA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2005, 02:53 AM   #20
BKB
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
yes that's right BKB.

I just removed IM for the 3rd or 4th time. I might try again later in a few months. It's not worth the headaches.

Thanks Guys!
Then clearly the problem has got nothing to do with your ISP.

When you remove IM, does it also delete your account settings, preferences, inbox, etc... Or does it all re-appear when you re-install IM?
BKB is offline   Reply With Quote