EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 2 Apr 2007, 09:14 PM   #1
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Everyone.net emails not getting thru'?

I have 2 everyone.net accounts, both free, with searchmalta and bored.com. Tried sending test emails to my main email account but they aren't getting through? Anyone else getting same problem?
walesrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Apr 2007, 11:37 PM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Are you sure it is not your main email account that has the problem. Everyone.net is supposed to be unbreakable
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2007, 06:01 AM   #3
King Of Email
Cornerstone of the Community

Lightbulb Everyone.net

Some email providers classify email from free ad supported email providers as spam and block or delete them even though they are not. I have had some email services refuse to deliver email from Everyone.net accounts as well as a few other mainstream ad supported email services. My solution is to discard these unsophisticated email services and continue to use my Everyone.net accounts in coordination with other Everyone.net email accounts and other email services that accept my legitimate email from Everyone.net.

As I have said before, in an effort to stop spam at the server level before it gets into a user's inbox, some email services seem willing to classify legitimate email from ad supported services as a spam threat and simply reject it in order to save time, money, bandwidth, and effort configuring spam filters and establishing complicated and expensive countermeasures for user inboxes. However, this tactic which may seem a slam dunk solution is nothing more than a blind shotgun approach which leaves many legitimate emailers out in the cold and their important messages lost in cyberspace. Everyone.net has been around for a long, long time and has a rich, varied, and solid history of performance and web presence and hosts literally millions upon millions of free email accounts all over the world. If another email provider won't accept email from Everyone.net, then it is they who are not worth using, not Everyone.net.

The failure of some polished and very nice looking email services to deliver email from my Everyone.net accounts is why I can't and don't use them. Everyone.net is just too widespread and standard to ignore or consider a source of spam problems. In all the time I have been on the internet, I have yet to receive a single spam message from an Everyone.net account. You might want to consider making an Everyone.net account your main account as I have or find another one that has no problem delivering your email from Everyone.net.
King Of Email is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2007, 08:24 AM   #4
btn

Representative of:
Everyone.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
I have 2 everyone.net accounts, both free, with searchmalta and bored.com. Tried sending test emails to my main email account but they aren't getting through? Anyone else getting same problem?
Hello, please let us know which domains (the part after the @) you are attempting to contact if your recipients have not received your email yet. Some email services treat email from our ad-supported users differently than email from our paid users. Thanks.
btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2007, 07:47 PM   #5
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Hello, please let us know which domains (the part after the @) you are attempting to contact if your recipients have not received your email yet. Some email services treat email from our ad-supported users differently than email from our paid users. Thanks.
Thanks for the reply, I think it may be my fault, as the DNS was set up incorrectly for the domain I'm sending the email to. Whoops.

Can I just pick your brains regarding the link you supplied for support enquiries? I was under the impression from using Everyone.net email at searchmalta.com & bored.com (both ad-supported) that one had to pay for any support if user is a free account holder, at a cost of $24 per incident or something like that? Isn't that a bit much? Ok, so the service has to pay for itself and all that, but compared to the likes of Gmail, Yahoo, etc, Everyone.net free webmail (at searchmalta.com and bored.com) accounts just don't cut it as an alternative.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 11:26 PM   #6
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Ok, so the service has to pay for itself and all that, but compared to the likes of Gmail, Yahoo, etc, Everyone.net free webmail (at searchmalta.com and bored.com) accounts just don't cut it as an alternative.
So why do you continue to use those accounts walesrob? Actions speak louder than words
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Apr 2007, 03:48 AM   #7
walesrob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
So why do you continue to use those accounts walesrob? Actions speak louder than words
David, just so I can annoy you But I do have a valid point about the pay-per-incident issue.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 05:01 AM   #8
btn

Representative of:
Everyone.net
Quote:
I was under the impression from using Everyone.net email at searchmalta.com & bored.com (both ad-supported) that one had to pay for any support if user is a free account holder, at a cost of $24 per incident or something like that?
Pay-Per-Incident Support is available for $24.95 an incident if you aren't covered by a support plan, and require immediate attention. Anyone can report a potential block via the feedback form.

Administrators of a Publisher Mail (ad-supported) service can purchase email support for all of their users for only $29.99 a month. Support is also included with individual Mail Plus memberships that start at $24.95 a year.
btn is offline   Reply With Quote