EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 10 May 2020, 10:43 PM   #1
avionics

filtering help

Hello

I am disappointed with fastmails new spam filtering options. I used to have a filter setup to discard all emails sent to my to/cc/bbc of my address before they enter my account unless they are in my address book (by ticking the box never discard messages sent by my contacts)

Now there is no way I can setup a discard rule for all to/cc/bbc of email unless the from address is in my address book.

This was awesome because emails never entered my account and were deleted from the server before they were delivered. Now there is no option to do that and all email must be delivered to my inbox then filtered.

Not happy !!!
avionics is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 May 2020, 04:43 AM   #2
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Just to clarify, are you complaining that the "Delete Permanently" in the "old" rules UI that generated discards are converted to "delete to trash" in the "new style" rules? I suspect they wanted to dumb down the UI so that all incoming mail never silently disappears when using only the UI.

Last edited by xyzzy : 11 May 2020 at 05:51 AM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote